Coordinates the operations, configuration, and security of all servers and their related applications for individual departments and remote offices/workers. Provides technical support; installation, maintenance; and monitors/develops procedures for servers, applications, and related network management. Consults department managers on; software, applications, security functions and future requirements in the departmental area. Provide technical expertise for all server infrastructure in the area of; problem resolution, hardware, software, and application upgrades. Ensures that servers and their applications are functioning properly and are available for the intended uses.
TelNet Worldwide is a communications provider that helps companies transform legacy solutions to modern technology, empowering our customers to propel their businesses forward in the digital era. Thousands of Michigan businesses have relied on TelNet for critical voice, data and cloud communications technology for 20 years. This is an incredible opportunity to join our team as we continue to grow, think ahead and foster prosperity in this fantastic digital transformation that is happening all around us
What You Will Do
- Lifecycle management of Virtual Infrastructure, Storage systems, OS, System Security and System Networking needs associating with supporting business applications
- After hours maintenance and augmentation of platforms and network assets
- Respond to Tier III escalations of customer issues (internal or external) as it pertains to applications and supporting structures
- Provide training and mentoring to other team members
- Design and management of Production and Development Environments
- Maintain vendor license agreements and monthly use reports with vendors and finance team
- Support multi-functional teams for business applications
- Establish telemetry requirements for all systems, alarms, and events
- Plan and Maintain all servers and applications they support
- Improve various processes and back-office systems, including VM creation and maintenance processes
- Monitoring systems to detect potential errors and/or problems and provide necessary prevention guidelines
- Capacity monitoring to determine upgrade requirements and general utilization plans
- Develop and support procedures for ensuring application survivability and disaster recovery.
- Ability to analyze, interpret, and respond to diagnostics and other data
- Assist Network Operations personnel with issue resolution
- Provide and participate in the innovation of ideas in areas of infrastructure; where new technology can be utilized to gain better efficiency and improve company productivity
- Mitigation and protection of assets against unauthorized usage and fraudulent attacks
- Ensure that backup, recovery, and security procedures are in place and performed as planned and necessary for server and application infrastructures, based on RTO/RPO and compliance standards.
- Maintain and follow all company MOP and CAB standards for maintenance work
What You Need
- Supporting servers and equipment
- Active Directory, LDAP, SSO
- Systems and Security Telemetry, password management
- Fraud Monitoring and Mitigation
- Linux administration, scripting and C programming
- A mix of Python, Ruby, PHP, JS, HTML, CSS, SQL/TSQL
- Server, Systems, Application and Telephony terminology
- Windows, Linux OS Knowledge (MCSA, RHCE, OCP, LFCE, MS-DBA, VCP, COA Certs)
- Preferable knowledge in VMware and/or Virtualization based Platforms
- Wireshark and PCAP applications
- Elastic logging systems
- Knowledge of the following systems; Ansible, Salt, Chef, Puppet, Vagrant, Docker, VMware, OpenStack, Capistrano
What We Offer
- Competitive Pay: We know your value and arent afraid to pay for it. We offer a competitive compensation plan including salary and 401k contribution.
- Time Off: In addition to a paid time off package, employees receive paid holidays and unlimited paid time off after four years of service.
- Benefits: We offer a comprehensive benefits package, including the necessities such as medical, dental and vision.
- Culture: Work hard, play hard Were serious about building a fun, positive and productive work environment. We host fun activities, parties, and challenges throughout the year.
- Dog-friendly office: Bring your dog to work with you Enjoy the workday with your furry friend at your side.
- Free Beverages and Snacks: An array of fruit and snacks are available daily. Need a caffeine fix? Fresh coffee and soda are always onsite.
- The opportunity for you to make an impact on the thousands of Michigan businesses we serve