Teksouth has an immediate opening for a Data Analytics Developer at Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD. This position will require and active secret clearance.
The U.S. Army PEO Command, Control and Communication – Tactical (C3T) is responsible for fielding the Army, Army Reserve, and Army National Guard the communications backbone for the expeditionary and regionally aligned operations to Soldiers located around the world. Teksouth will be supporting the Human Resources Directorate of PEO C3T to implement a reporting solution that provides insight in to the operational status of Command personnel. The Data Analytics Desktop Tools Developer will be responsible for using Microsoft technologies to develop new tools and functionalities, and will be responsible for expanding the functionality of existing solutions to meet the needs of new requirements. This role will work closely with the client during all stages of development.
• Automate the process of the integration of multiple sources of Human Resource (HR) and Business Management Data (BMD)
• Develop, maintain, and customize desktop analytic tools using approved Microsoft products
• Create reporting and dashboard solutions to improve the efficiency of daily operations
• Provide reports to leadership and tenant units to support decision making
• Conduct requirement gathering meetings and document identified requirements; design and develop desktop tools implementing approved requirements
• Identify possible data sources to integrate using current and past legacy systems
• Convert all data sources to interface/link with Microsoft Access and/or Excel
• Integrate all data sources into one or multiple tables in a customized analytical format using MS Access
• Perform daily data loads from source data systems
• Create advanced charts and dashboards in MS PowerBI: historical and current data, trend analysis, highlight data anomalies, metrics, scorecards
• Link MS Access data sources to MS Excel Pivot Tables for multiple users
• Create ad hoc and canned reports using MS Excel
• Perform data quality and accuracy hecks on a routine basis for all tools and deliverables
• Develop VBA code in MS Office to automate data collection and integration processes
• Lead/Conduct training classes on tools developed in MS Access, Excel, PowerBI, PowerPoint, and automation techniques
• Lead specialized analysis and development efforts for analysts and leaders
Required Skills & Knowledge:
• Knowledge of Army HR and BMD environment, policies, and procedures
• Knowledge of Army HR and BMD systems
• Proficiency in Microsoft (MS) Access, Excel, SQL, and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA)
• Proficiency in developing advanced charts and dashboards using MS Power BI
• Proficiency in tools/techniques to link data between Microsoft Access, Excel, and PowerBI
• Proficiency in other Microsoft applications – MS Word, PowerPoint, and SharePoint
• Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients, from analysts to senior DoD/Army officials
• Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a large organization, managing diverse tasks, requirements, and commitments
• Demonstrated ability to document processes and procedures and provide guidance on execution of developed tools
• Understanding of CMMI framework
• Must have an ACTIVE Secret security clearance
Degree or equivalent experience:
BS/BA degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or other related scientific or technical discipline and a minimum of four (4) years of general experience in Army HR and BMD
No degree is required with eight (8) years of Army HR and BMD experience
• Work sitting or standing at a desk, cubicle, or conference table for extended periods of time (1-3 hours), with the ability to shift positions while working: sit, stand, pace, adjust positioning in any of those without issue
• Use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and facsimile machines.
• Ability to work in a tempered climate-control office environment
• May be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Teksouth values and engages the diversity of its teammates, customers, and business partners.
EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/vet
Why Work Here?Since 1982, Teksouth has delivered operational excellence and innovation to our clients. Our customers count on our innovative information solutions and services to deal with their most pressing challenges. Our solutions range from assisting customers with putting already owned resources to best use to delivering best practices across the whole range of IT infrastructure and data integration projects.
Teksouth is a boutique analytical service provider for federal and non-federal customers.
Aberdeen Proving Ground, MD