Join us in envisioning, designing, and building the next generation of robotic fluid delivery and reagent manufacturing systems. You will be working with a team of electrical, mechanical, and computer / software engineers on the design and implementation of: aseptic robotic filling stations, CIP / SIP process equipment, labeling / torquing / packaging workstations; automated tracking of raw materials, WIP and finished goods; an integrated SCADA system that reports to our ERP and SQL databases.
Teknova is a manufacturer of Biotech GMP buffers, reagents, and growth media. Our site in Hollister is a unique high-throughput facility producing thousands of custom product lots per year.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Designs and develops new machine controls including robotic and electrical systems
- Coordinates with engineering and maintenance on existing machine control modifications to robotic, electrical and electronic systems
- Maintains all submachine control data highways
- Maintains and updates controls portion of machine standards
KNOWLEDGE / SKILLS / EXPERIENCE
- Proficiency in SolidWorks preferred (specifically with drawing electrical schematics, panel layout, and wiring drawings)
- 208 Volt 5 wire power experience preferred
- Experience with Yamaha control programming preferred (specifically with Yamaha RCX 340 and Yamaha ERCX)
- Experience with control panel programming strongly preferred (specifically with Automation Direct EA9-T8CL)
- Experience with Good Manufacturing Practices for secondary pharmaceutical equipment such as mixers, bulk powders and bulk liquid systems, waste water system, purified water system, packaging equipment and robotics preferred
- Must be proficient at preparing, checking, and coordinating documentation required to support designs
- Excellent oral and written communication skills