Teknor Apex Company Pawtucket, RI
- Posted: 16 days ago
- $17 Hourly
- Benefits: life insurance, medical, vision, 401k, dental
Overview: Responsible for the charging of hand adds to the blenders, verifying the lot numbers and weights of raw materials and staging the raw material(s) necessary to produce finished products. Responsible for following batch card instructions. Must follow all company policies and procedures and perform other, additional duties assigned by supervision.
· Responsible prior to the charging of the blender for verifying all TA item code numbers and
recording all lot numbers of staged materials on the batch card.
· Responsible for the cleaning and inspection of the blender to insure it is ready to accept the next
compound charge, staging the necessary raw materials and preparing the blender to accept the
next compound charge scheduled.
· Responsible for the charging of all hand adds to the blender as specified by the blender batch
· Responsible for reporting any variation from procedure to supervision and documenting this
variation on the batch card.
· Responsible for coordinating blender production with other areas of operation.
· Must perform all job functions in a timely fashion and in accordance with all established safety
rules and policies.
· Must practice good housekeeping and wear the required Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Must meet or exceed all plant performance indicators.
· Must participate in and help sustain Lean Manufacturing initiatives.
· Able to read and comprehend English.
· Possess good communication skills, both verbal and written.
· Possess good math skills.
· Able to drive (or learn to drive) a forklift and to use an electric hand truck.
Position Reports To: Production Supervisor
As a company we’ve always ventured beyond the boundaries of traditional thinking, providing our employees with the freedom for innovative and strategic thought. To do that we provide an atmosphere that stimulates and develops our diverse workforce in an effort to bring together the best ideas and talent across all divisions. Our internal training and employee development programs only strengthen this strategy.
Teknor Apex CompanyWhy Work Here?
Teknor locations offer a full complement of benefits. Teknor is a great place to work!
How does a company become the worldwide leader in custom compounding? The answer is simple: its employees. At Teknor Apex our people are our greatest assets, and it’s been that way since we first opened our doors in 1924 right up until today. Our ability to grow our business over time and meet our customers’ precise specifications is a testament to the employees of our past, and the employees who serve our customers now. As a company we’ve always ventured beyond the boundaries of traditional thinking, providing our employees with the freedom for innovative and strategic thought. To do that we provide an atmosphere that stimulates and develops our diverse workforce in an effort to bring together the best ideas and talent across all divisions. Our internal training and employee development programs only strengthen this strategy.
505 Central AvenuePawtucket, RI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Teknor Apex Company