KEY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for extensive research of interfaces such as REST APIs, SNMP, SIM-S and CLIs to Data Protection and Storage systems, including but not limited to IBM Cloud Object Storage and Google Cloud Platform
- Interacting and collaborating with sub-system vendors and partners to identify and recommend optimal designs to capture data from said systems
- Makes use of ticketing systems like Bugzilla, Wiki and, JIRA to communicate within teams, different organizations of the company, and customers
- Design and Develop Frameworks that efficiently capture and transport data using JSON, XML, Java Serialized Objects, from Data Protection and Storage sub-systems, into Oracle databases
- Write Oracle SQL to retrieve data from an Oracle Database and present data as reports
- Develop Connector/Drivers which makes of Java or Groovy to retrieve and parse JSON, XML, textual data from Data Protection and Storage sub-systems
- Make us of Object Oriented and UML modeling tools such as Enterprise Architect, Visual Modeler and Wiki
- Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
- Understand key business and product objectives and remain current on storage and backup products industry
- Maintain the highest level of ethical standards and adhere to all Company policies and procedures
SECONDARY TASKS & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Working with customers to obtain test data during the development cycle.
- Implement tools and techniques to improve application supportability and problem diagnosis.
- Set up and maintaining lab environments to facilitate application development and testing
SKILLS, EXPERIENCE & QUALIFICATIONS - List below minimum requirements
- BS in Computer Science/Engineering or related field from an accredited College/University
- 5 years of commercial software development experience
- 5 years of experience with Java (J2SE) including development of multi-threaded applications
- 5 years coordinating development with cross functional teams
- Experience should include:
Solid experience with Spring, JSP, and an MVC framework. Experience of working with IBM Cloud Object Storage, Google Cloud Platform, NetApp, Hitachi / EMC Storage Arrays, Brocade/Cisco SAN Switches and SAN / NAS. Experience with relational databases plus a working knowledge of JDBC, XML, Java Servlets, Web 2.0 Technologies and Unix Linux operating system. Also an advanced knowledge of open source frameworks and how they can be leveraged to solve design goals is required.
- Requires Java or Groovy skills with solid understanding of OO principals combined with analytical and robust software development skills for Enterprise class software development
- Ability to work independently, using good judgment and initiative
- Team player committed to the success of the organization with proven track record of working effectively with cross functional teams
- Excellent written/verbal communication skills, time management and analytical skills
- Ability to be flexible and apply above skills in a rapidly changing environment