Full-Time or Contract
The Data Warehouse Solution Architect is responsible for the design and implementation of business intelligence or data warehouse solutions on AWS cloud platform and/or Google Big Query. He’s an expert with Cloud Platform, Leading Data Warehouse reporting and BI Tools, and SQL Server. He demonstrates strong technical leadership skills and is able to mentor others with related technologies. He develops strategies for business intelligence and Data Warehouse implementation, data acquisition, design, implementation, and support analytics and reporting solutions. He may evaluate new data sources for adherence to the organization’s quality standards and ease of integration. He demonstrates expertise in a variety of the field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. He relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. He performs a variety of complicated tasks. He may provide consultation on complex projects and is considered to be the top-level contributor/specialist. He leads and directs the work of others. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
PRIMARY RESPONSIBILITIES: (Most frequent duties in order of importance)
● Leading discovery, planning, and architecture design of data and analytics solutions
● Interface with business units to determine reporting and data analysis requirements
● Design data warehouse infrastructure to support company requirements
● Design and implement cloud-based data ingestion (ETL vs ELT) solutions
● Build and load enterprise data warehouses and data marts
● Implement design and development best practices related to BI
● Mentor and train other team members in BI-related technologies
● Interface with database administrators and business analysts in areas of performance, security and a solution functionality
● Provide direction and prioritization to the Business Intelligence Developers
● Manage contract assistance needed on a project by project basis
● Other projects as assigned
CRITICAL SUCCESS FACTORS: (characteristics and qualities essential for success in this role)
● High quality, hands-on, professional experience with cloud data/analytics platforms
● Associated leadership and management experience - leading teams (including Offshore) and projects.
● Passion about both business and technology, and curiosity about data.
● Experience developing quality data visualization with leading reporting tools.
● Understanding of and ability to work in a team environment and communicate with different levels of management and staff
● Experience working in agile environment.
● Strong written communication skills
● Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
● Ability to work independently and within a team structure
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE: (Academic, Professional, Relevant Job Knowledge)
● Bachelor’s degree in information technology, computer science, business, or engineering
● Minimum of 5 years of experience in database development and developing business intelligence solutions
● Minimum 2 years of personnel management experience
● Basic computer knowledge
● Experience with the following:
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2 or newer
- Microsoft SQL Server Services (SSRS, SSAS, SSIS)
- Microsoft Business Intelligence Development Studio (BIDS)
- Experienced developing Multidimensional Expressions (MDX)
- Experience with ETL processes
- Building and modifying SQL-based data warehouses
● Prior experience using OLAP
● Prior experience using MS Analysis Services
● Prior experience using MS Reporting Services
● Agile development (Scrum methodology)
● Recommended certification in BI, DW, SQL, AWS, AI or Machine Learning