Title: Senior Engineering Project Assistant
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-2020491425
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Senior Engineering Project Assistant to work on-site with our client, a top-tier aerospace company in Irvine, CA.
This is a contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
- Serves as consultant for data structure, architecture, and process. Able to support both SW and documentation releases. Provides or coordinates special documentation services as required.
- Provides tools expertise and support to Engineering: MS Office Apps, requirements capture databases, change management and tracking tools. Generate reports as required.
- Supports the Third-Party Intellectual Property process by coordinating the completion of all necessary documentation.
- Supports preparation of presentations. Supports development of engineering web pages.
- Orders and coordinates the delivery of piece parts and LRUs. Reports status of orders as required. Collects metrics and prepares presentation materials for analysis.
- Assists the Project Engineer (PE)/Technical Project Manager (TPM) in tracking and/or maintenance of program/project schedules, milestone performance, and financial metrics.
- Assists in tracking action items, risk management tools, and tasks in the change management tools.
- Facilitates the analysis of engineering staffing, capital assets, and Class 0 budgets.
- Supports the Bid & Proposal process, assisting in bid narratives and bid reviews.
- Networks with both internal and external personnel at multiple levels in own area of expertise. Represents organization as a prime contact on projects, often coordinating activities of support personnel and communicating effectively. Obtaining or providing information or data on matters of moderate importance to the function of the department or which may be of sensitive nature.
- Generally works on complex assignments which are given in terms of objectives to be accomplished and priorities to be followed. Requires considerable judgment and initiative. Understands implications of work and makes recommendations for solutions.
- Determines methods and procedures on new assignments. May be an informal team leader.
- Relevant bachelors degree, or equivalent combination of education and experience, required.
- Must demonstrate the ability to support several engineers.
- Providing the wide variety of administrative and computer skills to assist engineering projects.
- Data entry and preliminary document preparation utilizing computing resources.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health and 401k benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.