Location: Santa Rosa, CA
Type / Hours: 2+ month assignment
Rate: $75.00+/- p/hr
Job ID: JPC-2865/881870
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated R&D Engineer to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics design and manufacturing company. US citizens, Green Card Holders and those authorized to work in the US are encouraged to apply. We are unable to work corp to corp or to sponsor H-1B visas at this time. As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
In this role, you will design a DDR PHY system (preferably DDR5 interface). You will use CAD tools (preferably Mentor Expedition) to design the SI/PI sensitive parts of the PCB. Then you will validate your design using PI/SI EDA tools (EM and Channel Simulation) for both pre-layout and post-layout simulation. You will also need to design, simulate and optimize the PDN including power budget calculation.
You will work very closely with our EDA design team to provide critical usability and functionality feedback to improve our in-house EDA tools. You will also work with our marketing team to publish your results as an application note.
- BS or MS in Electrical Engineering
- 4+ yrs of hand on experience in SI/PI design for high speed memory interfaces, PCB, and package.
- 4+ yrs of hand on experience in using SI/PI EDA tools such as Hyperlynx, SIWave, SystemSI, QSI
- Experience in correlating simulation results with lab measurements using scope, TDRs, VNAs etc
- Solid background in understanding EM and transmission line theory, PCB layout and package design techniques
- Excellent knowledge of DDR operation (preferably DDR5)
- Excellent knowledge of equalization techniques such FIR/DFE/CTLE
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
TekberryTekberry has over 25 years of experience working with clients from Fortune 500 companies down to small and medium sized companies. Our job is to develop a partnership with clients and with our talent to ensure that we best match opportunities with our talent pool. But we don’t just match for job specifications, we match people to the work culture, too.