City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: EB-7579977680
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Electrician to work on-site with our client, a world-class university in Palo Alto, CA.
This is an at-will contract position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry-leading talent.
- Perform Journey level electrical work involved with the design, installation, maintenance, operation and repair of Housing and Dining Department electrical equipment.
- Replace switches, receptacles, light fixtures, ballast, and relamp light fixtures. Does electrical repair on motors, switches, and controls. Make electrical hook-ups. Performs PM&I on electrical equipment.
- Work includes any electrical function as described in the National Electrical Code. Work is done on various voltages and distribution systems up to 480V 3 Ph.
- Maintain and repair all aspects of electrical equipment and systems, such as: intercom systems, ADA equipment, stoves, refrigerators, smoke detection equipment/ systems, lighting of all types, electrical distribution systems, etc.
- Perform multi-trade repair and maintenance duties as assigned. When directed, respond to requests for repair and maintenance outside of normal work tasks.
- Capable of learning and applying safe work practices and procedures, including but not limited to: Class III asbestos work, proper use and care of respirators, hazardous waste management and handling, lockout tag out procedures, Injury and Illness Prevention Program, Confined Space procedures, CPR, and chemical safe practices.
- Understands, applies and ensures compliance with National Electrical Code, Universal Plumbing Code and Uniform Mechanical Code.
- Must have valid Ca drivers license.
- Exhibits the ability to work independently and with little supervision.
- Exhibits the ability to read and follow blueprints.
- Appropriately follows oral and written directions.
- All work is conducted to ensure high quality workmanship and equipment is serviced to industry standards.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.