Title: Chemical Management Services Technician Lead
Job Type: Contract
Job Code: JPC-2955
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Chemical Management Services Technician to work on-site with our client, a world leading distributor and provider of comprehensive supply chain management services to the global aerospace industry, located in Detroit, MI.
This is a contract to hire position that will see the ideal candidate working alongside industry leading talent in a world-class environment.
The Chemical Management Services Technician Lead (CMS Technician Lead) is accountable for analyzing and maintaining adequate stock levels, and performing value added functions of chemical management on the customer site or our warehouse location. Additionally, the CMS Technician Lead is responsible for supporting inventory analysis, root cause analysis for customer discrepancies and product non-conformance, cost saving initiatives, and implementing inventory control processes and programs.
Under management's guidance, the lead role is accountable for conducting on the job training with the technicians and supporting a safe and hazard free workplace, specifically in chemical materials handling processes, procedures, and utilizing all required Personal Protective Equipment. This role may require travelling between customer sites as well as from Wesco's chemical and hardware warehouses. This position requires the utmost level of professionalism in the face of the customer and excellent correspondence skills using various methods of communication.
Duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain strong knowledge of client products including, but not limited to, hardware, chemicals, tooling, and electric components, services, inventory systems, quality requirements, and customer plans and specifications
- Monitor production floor bins and storage cabinets to determine when replenishment of stock is required
- Perform regular inventory inspections for shelf life/ expiration dates as required
- Perform regularly scheduled readings and maintain machining units (including but not limited to Coalescer Units, etc.) to the required standards in compliance with customer and regulatory standards as required
- Conduct complex analysis/sampling and review of chemical compatibility to determine potential required actions to conform to customer requirements and industry regulations, as required
- Perform chemical additions to process tanks per written guidance
- Ensure availability and coordinate delivery of necessary chemicals for additions to be processed
- Conduct periodic data reviews (including but not limited to drain, clean, and refill data) to support machine maintenance as it pertains to fluids to ensure optimum performance
- Process machine maintenance as required by draining, cleaning, and replenishing materials as required
- Safely coordinate, process, and store hazardous material waste for appropriate disposal as required
- Level load production floor bins as necessary due to back order conditions, as required
- Perform inventory analysis to support cost saving and process improvement initiatives
- Utilize pallet jacks, drum dollys, drive forklifts, and/or order picker, when trained/certified
- Maintain floor cleanliness, apply labels, and repair and/or replace bins, cabinets, and racks, as required
- Respond to hazardous material releases and provide spill cleanup according to Safety & Health standards while utilizing and interpreting chemical detection devices and associated equipment
- Maintain communication with customer Production Floor Supervisors and Lead Persons to assist in new add part numbers, bin changes, and bin quantities, with the On-Site Representative and/or Program Manager
- Support customer requirements pertaining to part expedites, non-conformance and quality issues, and/or other problems by performing root cause analysis
- Follow established work procedures to assure compliance with all customer site requirements in accordance with safety and security processes; in addition to alignment with Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies including: OSHA, FAR, EPA, DOT, and RCRA requirements.
- Ability to travel, as necessary between customer sites
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering, Logistics, or another closely related field is preferred; and/or relevant college coursework partnered with qualifying years of experience; High School Diploma or GED is required
- Minimum 2-5 years of relevant inventory management, material handling, and production experience preferred
- Minimum 2-5 years of experience pertaining to chemical compatibility (Balancing pH levels, etc.), preferred
- Hazwoper Training (40 Hours) required Relative JIT, VMI or 3PO experience, within the aerospace industry required
- Demonstrated basic knowledge and/or competency pertaining to chemical compatibility (Balancing pH levels, etc.) preferred
- Must be able to actively support and wear PPE (Respirator, Face Shield, Apron, Gloves, etc.) as required
- Strong competency working with integrated data systems, Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and intermediate to advanced Word and Excel, as applicable and/or required
- Strong communication skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. Please submit your resume with salary requirements. Principals only; no third parties or off-shore companies. No phone calls please.
As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits.
Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws
TekberryTekberry has over 25 years of experience working with clients from Fortune 500 companies down to small and medium sized companies. Our job is to develop a partnership with clients and with our talent to ensure that we best match opportunities with our talent pool. But we don’t just match for job specifications, we match people to the work culture, too.