CHEMICAL MANAGEMENT SERVICES TECHNICIAN LEAD
Location: Anniston, AL
Job Type: Temp to hire
Shift: M-F day shift, 6am-2:30pm
Rate: $16.00+ p/hr
Job Code: JPC-3124/12594630
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Chemical Management Services Technician to work on-site with our client, a world leading distributor and global provider of comprehensive supply chain management services.
The Chemical Management Services Technician Lead (CMS Tech Lead) is accountable for analyzing and maintaining adequate stock levels, and chemical management at the customer site or our warehouse location. Also supports inventory analysis, root cause analysis for customer discrepancies and product non-conformance, cost saving initiatives, and implements inventory control processes and programs.
Conducts on the job training for technicians and supports a safe and hazard free workplace, specifically in chemical materials handling processes, procedures and utilizing all required Personal Protective Equipment. This role may require travelling between customer sites as well as from chemical and hardware warehouses. This position requires the utmost level of professionalism in the face of the customer and excellent correspondence skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Maintain strong knowledge of client products including, but not limited to, hardware, chemicals, tooling, and electric components, services, inventory systems, quality requirements, and customer plans and specifications
- Perform regularly scheduled readings and maintain machining units (including but not limited to Coalescer Units, etc.) to the required standards in compliance with customer and regulatory standards
- Conduct complex analysis/sampling and review of chemical compatibility to determine potential required actions to conform to customer requirements and industry regulations,
- Perform inventory analysis to support cost saving and process improvement initiatives
- Utilize pallet jacks, drum dollys, drive forklifts, and/or order picker, when trained/certified
- Follow established work procedures to assure compliance with all customer site requirements in accordance with safety and security processes; in addition to alignment with Federal, State, and Local regulatory agencies including: OSHA, FAR, EPA, DOT, and RCRA requirements.
- Bachelor's degree in Chemistry, Chemical Engineering, Engineering, Logistics, or another closely related field is preferred but not required; and/or relevant college coursework partnered with 2+ years of experience; High School Diploma or GED
- 2-5 years of relevant inventory management, material handling, and production experience preferred
- 2-5 years of experience pertaining to chemical compatibility (Balancing pH levels, etc.), preferred
- Hazwoper Training (40 hours) required Relative JIT, VMI or 3PO experience, within the aerospace industry required
- Demonstrated basic knowledge and/or competency pertaining to chemical compatibility (Balancing pH levels, etc.) preferred
- Must be able to actively support and wear PPE (Respirator, Face Shield, Apron, Gloves, etc.)
- Strong competency working with integrated data systems, Microsoft Office Suite, including Outlook and intermediate to advanced Word and Excel, as applicable and/or required
- Strong communication skills
This position requires use of information which is subject to compliance with the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR). To conform to U.S. Government export regulations/ITAR, applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C. 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State.
The work must be done on-site, so telecommuting will not be possible. As a W2 employee you will have access to health benefits. Tekberry Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability or any other protected categories under all applicable laws.
TekberryTekberry has over 25 years of experience working with clients from Fortune 500 companies down to small and medium sized companies. Our job is to develop a partnership with clients and with our talent to ensure that we best match opportunities with our talent pool. But we don’t just match for job specifications, we match people to the work culture, too.