APPLICATION DEVELOPMENT ENGINEER
Location: San Diego, CA
Type: 1 year contract assignment
Rate: $62.00+/- p/hr
Job Code: JPC-2467
Tekberry is looking for a highly qualified and motivated Application Development Engineer with a passion for continuous learning in wireless technology to work on-site with our client, a Fortune-1000 electronics manufacturing company.
- Assist Sr. AE's supporting strategic customer, multiple products, interacting with Sales Engineer's and reporting on customer requirements.
- Integration, validation and implementation of functional and performance test cases for 5G wireless communication standards including regular on-site visits to customer labs.
- Develop test scripts for protocol testing products (our client is developing) for 5G wireless communications developed by the 3GPP (3rd Generation Partnership Project) standards body.
- Requirements gathering and mapping of new features introduced in ETSI's quarterly release and prepare high level design document.
- Develop functional, performance and RF measurement test cases using R&D tool set of Protocol Conformance test set based of 3GPP NR Specifications 38.523-1 and 38.523-2.
- 3GPP 4G/5G L1, L2, L3 feature integration.
- Develop test cases of ETSI TTCN quarterly release of 5G NR and LTE complex scenarios using scripting language TTCN2/TTCN3 and programming language C/C++ using Microsoft Visual Studio.
- Debug 3GPP 4G/5G protocol L1, L2, L3 issues.
- Test and validate test scripts for carrier specific scenarios: Non-Stand Alone (4G-5G) and Stand Alone (5G). Beamforming, Beam Switching, Carrier Aggregation Handovers.
- BSEE/MSEE - emphasis in wireless communication systems and 4+ years telecommunications role
- Knowledge of 3GPP 4G/5G Access Stratum protocols (L1/L2/L3)
- Strong understanding of RF and wireless test and measurement applications
- Experience with 4G/5G mobile device testing and script development on test equipment
- Proven experience creating and maintaining test tools with some of these programming languages; (C#, C++ or VB), Python
- TTCN-3 scripting
- Expertise in measurements instruments automation
- Testing wireless devices using base station emulation, fading emulator, drive test simulator, spectrum/signal analyzers, signal sources and network analyzer.
- Ability to adapt to changing product requirements during development in response to an aggressive marketplace