City: Palo Alto
Job Type: Contract
- Answer phones, respond to inquiries, and determine and take appropriate action as required. Serve as a resource regarding a defined set of policies and procedures.
- Draft and/or generate routine communications such as emails, memos, notices and letters; coordinate production (formatting, copying, etc.) and dissemination of documents, such as presentations, course handouts, conference and seminar materials, complex reports, brochures, and displays.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) based on consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Perform office duties including, but not limited to, handling incoming and outgoing mail, entering data into basic tables/ in-house software, reports or spreadsheets, making copies and monitoring and ordering office supplies.
- Maintain office supplies and equipment; obtain vendor quotations, as needed.Oversee, review and administer student records by analyzing data, counseling students and providing recommendations that require interpretation and influence decisions in relation to student connections.
- Proficient computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing routine tasks.
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Develop recommendations and collaborate with staff, faculty and other offices to resolve programmatic issues within the department and across functional units in relation to student connections.
- Collect and analyze data from multiple sources including student feedback, surveys, trend reports, and data analytics. Prepare and summarize reports and make recommendations to enhance offerings, such as programs and courses and to influence current processes and policies.
- Develop, analyze, influence and review, policies, processes and programs by incorporating feedback and trend data learned from first-line interactions with students. Advise manager and team on policy updates and provide recommendation for implementation of changes in relation to student connections.
- Performs human resources transactional support, e.g. time cards, I9s, and/or faculty affairs support and/or collaborate with financial analyst to hire student workers.
- Guides and train student and/or contingent workers including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, and reviewing work for quality and timeliness.
- Design, create and conduct tutor training modules including video production and training sessions.
- Perform general administrative support alongside Office Manager.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and three years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities: