AVP Sanctions Officer
Jersey City, NJ
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
TekWissen Group is a workforce management provider throughout the USA and many other countries in the world. Our client is a company who is a provider of banking and financial services. The company operates through two divisions, Retail Banking and Services, and Corporate and Institutional Banking
Position: AVP Sanctions Officer
Location: Jersey City NJ 07310
Duration: 4 Months
Job Type: Contract
Work Type: Onsite
Candidate Success Factors:
- Candidates will be measured on the following four performance drivers which will dictate how individual impact is considered on the Americas platform:
- Results and Impact
- Leadership and Collaboration
- Client, Customer and Stakeholder Focus
- Compliance Culture and Conduct
- Provide advice to various lines of business on sanctions regulations and internal sanctions policies.
- Conduct Sanctions focused enhanced due diligence on trade finance activities (e.g. letters of credit) and identify Sanctions risks and red flags.
- Investigate and decision escalations and alerts from transactional, static data, client onboarding and other escalation sources. Thoroughly document and maintain related investigation files.
- Ensure escalation of significant sanctions-related matters to the Head of Sanctions Compliance.
- Perform ad hoc investigations and analysis in support of block/reject reports, or voluntary disclosures to OFAC, of any regulatory enquiries, and as requested.
- Assist with coordination of materials for internal and external Sanctions-related examinations.
- Assist with remediation efforts related to the Sanctions compliance program.
- Keep abreast of sanctions regulatory developments and of internal sanctions policies.
- Assist with Sanctions related projects and initiatives.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Comply with applicable policies governing employee work and conduct.
Minimum Required Qualifications
- Five years + of experience in a financial services industry or regulatory environment; at least 3 years in OFAC/ Financial Sanctions compliance.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college/university in Accounting, Finance, Legal, Economics or related discipline.
- Strong analytical skills to review and analyze Sanctions related inquiries and escalations.
- Strong investigative skills for potential Sanctions violation and trends
- Strong computer skills, particularly MS Excel and MS Powerpoint
- Strong written and oral presentation skills
- Possess a strong understanding of corporate governance and the OFAC, EU, French Sanctions regulatory environment
- Ability to understand the importance of privileged and confidential information
- Ability to work on multiple projects and meet timely deadlines
- Relevant Industry Certification, e.g., CGSS, CAMS
TekWissen Group is an equal opportunity/affirmative action Employer (m/f/d/v) supporting workforce diversity.
AddressJersey City, NJ
07310 USAView all jobs at TekWissen Group
Get fresh Sanctions Officer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.