TekSynap, a “Fast 50” technology company in the Washington DC area that offers technology solutions to federal, state and local government agencies. We offer our full-time employees a competitive benefits package to include health, dental, vision, 401K, life insurance, short-term and long-term disability plans, vacation time and holidays.
Visit us at www.TekSynap.com.
Apply now to explore jobs with us!
The Network Engineer will support LAN functions by providing skills and expertise in telecom engineering and operational support of current and new technologies to the Local Area Network. Must have experience in telecommunications network design and management. Desired experience and responsibilities will include:
· Must demonstrate the ability to work independently, or under only general direction, on requirements that are moderately complex to analyze, plan, program, and implement.
· Experience in analysis and design of voice networks, LAN and WAN data networks, wireless networks, and/or network management systems to support voice and data services.
· Analyzes and develops telecommunications networks supporting a wide range of capabilities, including voice, data, video, and/or wireless services.
· Develops designs and plans for installation and maintenance of telecommunications systems from project inception to conclusion.
· Analyzes the problem and the characteristics of the information to be transported. Defines the problem and develops system requirements and network specifications.
· Closely coordinates with other information system professionals to ensure proper implementation of network services. In conjunction with functional users, develops alternative solutions and backup plans.
· Must have at least five (5) years telecommunications systems experience with at least three (3) years of local area network experience.
· Must hold DoD 8570.01-M compliant certification, one or more of the following:
- CCNA Security
- CompTIA Security+
- CASP CE
- CCNP Security
- CISSP (or Associate)
· Must hold an active Secret Clearance with IT-I sensitivity
· U.S. Citizen
· Must hold one or more of the following certifications:
o CCSE NGX
o CCSE NGX Plus NG with AI
o CCMSE NG with AI
o CSMSE NG with AI Plus VSX
· Establish Focus
· Motivational Support
· Change Management
· Performance Management
· Oral Communication
· Written Communication
· Persuasive Communication
· Interpersonal Awareness
· Build Relationships
· Analytical Thinking
· Conceptual Thinking
· Strategic Thinking
· Technical Expertise
· Foster Innovation
· Results Oriented
· Customer Service
WORK ENVIRONMENT AND PHYSICAL DEMANDS
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of the job. Reasonable accommodation may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
· Location: New Cumberland, PA
· Type of environment: Office setting
· Noise level: Medium – Loud
· Work schedule: Schedule is day shift Monday – Friday. May be requested to work evenings and weekends to meet program and contract needs.
· Amount of Travel: Less than 10%
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; and talk or hear. The employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is regularly required to lift up to 10 pounds. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 25 pounds; and up to 50 pounds. The vision requirements include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
WORK AUTHORIZATION/SECURITY CLEARANCE
Secret Clearance with IT-I sensitivity eligibility
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY
In order to provide equal employment and advancement opportunities to all individuals, employment decisions will be based on merit, qualifications, and abilities. TekSynap does not discriminate against any person because of race, color, creed, religion, sex, national origin, disability, age, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law (referred to as “protected status”). This nondiscrimination policy extends to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment as well as the use of all company facilities, participation in all company-sponsored activities, and all employment actions such as promotions, compensation, benefits, and termination of employment.