Senior Software Developer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
As a Senior Software Developer at Octo, you will work with an agile Kanban team to maintain and improve the performance of existing software code, with duties to write and update software code specially focused on ReactJS and built upon AWS Cloud technologies to all client domains. You are comfortable working side by side with other engineers, product managers, designers, and clients, making decisions together to quickly deliver valuable working software to clients and their users. You have a passion for high-quality, reliable, and maintainable code and are a fast learner.
We were founded as a fresh alternative in the Government Consulting Community and are dedicated to the belief that results are a product of analytical thinking, agile design principles and that solutions are built in collaboration with, not for, our customers. This mantra drives us to succeed and act as true partners in advancing our client’s missions.
The project you will be working on uses advanced web-based technology to provide Geospatial Intelligence (GEOINT) and related GEOINT services and tools to our client’s internal and external customers. The project team will provide support for engineering, technical assessment, development, and other required activities that leverage COTS, GOTS, open source, and other technology needed to advance NGA mission-related efforts.
- Conducts design and development of software, determination of interfaces, and technical feasibility analysis.
- Coordinates and performs requirements and implementation analysis, design, development, testing and enhancement of application software.
- Develops, modifying or configuring moderately complex software applications from detailed specifications.
- Experience working on most phases of applications programming activities, independent of supervisory guidance.
- Work in a collaborative environment to review current systems and present ideas for system improvements.
- Associates’ degree in a technical discipline required.
- Minimum of three (5) years of applicable Software Engineering work experience required.
- Understanding and wide application of technical principles, theories and concepts in Software Engineering. General knowledge of other related disciplines.
- Experience in TypeScript, React and/or NodeJS programming
- Bachelor’s degree in a technical discipline, preferably Computer Science or Computer Engineering.
- Experience with delivering remote unique complex Geospatial systems to the US Government strongly desired.
- Good oral and written communications skills with experience in delivering/presenting to customer are a plus.
- Experience with SAFe or Agile Scrum processes.
- Other related experience with fielded systems and mission/system operations along with system sustainment for high system availability requirements a plus.
- Ability to obtain a TS/SCI with CI or full-scope poly (not required).
Years of Experience: Minimum of three (5) years of applicable Software Engineering work experience required.
Education: Minimum Associates degree in a technical discipline.
Location: Remote or some onsite in Springfield, VA w/ Clearance
Clearance: U.S. Citizenship required; DoD Top Secret/SCI w/ CI Poly preferred
TechnologyView all jobs at TekStream Solutions
Get fresh Agile Software Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.