Midlevel Information Security Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Become an integral part of a diverse team while working at an Industry Leading Organization, where our employees come first. At ManTech International Corporation, you’ll help protect our national security while working on innovative projects that offer opportunities for advancement.
Currently, ManTech is seeking a motivated, career and customer-oriented Information Security Engineer, Midlevel to join our team in Annapolis Junction, MD.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Apply knowledge of information security principles and practices
- Ensures necessary security documentation is created and maintained
- Communicate effectively with personnel as needed to gather necessary information for documentation, forms, or other documentation
- Assist in managing and maintaining the security integrity of all IT systems and network architectures
- Ensure systems are operated, maintained, and disposed of in accordance with internal security policies and practices outlined in the security plan
- Ensures program maintains Authorization to Operate and take part of in security assessments and audits as needed
- Manage and review system access requests and privileged access requests for all users to ensure the requestors have the requisite security clearances, authorization, and are trained on security responsibilities before granting access systems
- Provide daily, ongoing security oversight of assigned systems as to the security impact of proposed modifications, additions, and technology refresh evolutions.
- Advise users of the security features and procedures used in their Information Systems
- Provide certificate generation, reports, and certificate management to the project
- Use the suite of security tools to gather information and ensure risks are categorized
- Provide vulnerability remediation and mitigation recommendations
- Work directly with internal IT staff and customer to establish and enforce IT security best practices, protection objectives, process improvements and effective IT security controls
- Perform system vulnerability scanning using approved software tools
- Assist with the software installation, monitoring, troubleshooting, account management, and overall efforts to minimize system downtime
- Assist in the administration of critical server infrastructure, including e-mail, backup and recovery, file servers and web servers
- Assist in providing documentation on security practices and vulnerability mitigation reports
- Assist in supporting accreditation activities
- Participate in system reviews to include hardware and software, in-house development and provide recommendations for securing these systems
- Assist in IT security incident response and documentation
- Provide security administration for all IT Security applications and associated accounts
- Perform regularly scheduled security reviews (e.g., technology, operations and personnel)
- Participate in designing and managing IT Security strategy including both infrastructure and applications
- Understand and address security concerns with network infrastructure, databases, web applications, and software
- Knowledge of security directives, policies, publications and regulations
- Experience in creating System Security Plans and/or other security related documentation
- Understand how to design and implement security tests in accordance with stated criteria
- Knowledgeable with Linux, AIX and Windows Operating Systems
- Understanding of various communication protocols
- Knowledgeable with the accreditation process in support of such programs as DIACAP and NIST
- Understanding of various security tools such as Tenable Nessus, AppScan, and BurpSuite.
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent in Computer Science, Information Systems, Engineering, Business, other related technical discipline
- CISSP Certification
- 5+ years of experience in IT security field or related field
- Ability to work with minimal direction on a variety of requirements
- Strong communication skills, both oral and written
- Organized, responsive and highly thorough problem solver
- Familiar with security controls of Federal Information Systems
Security Clearance Requirements:
- Active DOD Secret clearance and ability to obtain agency suitability clearance
- This position supports an IT operations environment. All employees should expect to support work on nights and weekends and may be included in an on-call rotation for after-hours support.
- Must be able to remain stationary up to 75% of the time in an office environment
- Must be able to traverse between one work location to another to accomplish work duties
- Must be able to operate IT equipment such as a computer, copier, fax machine, etc.
- Must be able to communicate effectively with management and co-workers to exchange information accurately.
- Must be able to read, review and effectively respond to electronic as well as verbal communications.
For all positions requiring access to technology/software source code that is subject to export control laws, employment with the company is contingent on either verifying U.S.-person status or obtaining any necessary license. The applicant will be required to answer certain questions for export control purposes, and that information will be reviewed by compliance personnel to ensure compliance with federal law. ManTech may choose not to apply for a license for such individuals whose access to export-controlled technology or software source code may require authorization and may decline to proceed with an applicant on that basis alone.
AddressAnnapolis Junction, MD
TechnologyView all jobs at TekStream Solutions
Get fresh Lead Information Security Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.