Back End Software Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Back End Developer with the desire to work on developing innovative solutions to support Electronic Warfare (EW) missions. You will be responsible for enhancing government customer capabilities while addressing security challenges. The ideal candidate will collaborate with Front End Developers, Systems Engineers and RF and DSP Engineers to understand and capture requirements for the back end of complex EW software applications built to drive RF hardware systems.
Back End Engineer
The responsibilities of the Back End Developer position include the following:
· Design and develop modules for back-end processing of complex EW software applications
· Design and implement database and other data and storage components for the applications
· Provide inputs into software architecture decisions and make recommendations on third party and/or open-source libraries
· Analyze production code and look for areas where optimization and efficiencies can be introduced
· Perform both static and dynamic code analysis to uncover potential vulnerabilities before they hit production
· Write good functional unit tests and ensure that tests pass before pushing code to master
· Ensure that requirements are clearly understood and are captured and tracked in Jira
· Provide accurate estimation of level of effort for back end requirements
· Provide constructive code reviews for colleagues
· Working in a product scrum team and attending meetings to help document any discussions, requirements needed follow-up, etc.
Languages, APIs, and SDKs:
· Python, Ruby, other scripting languages
· SQL / NoSQL
· JSON, XML, other data formats
· Shell scripting (e.g., Bash)
· Static Code Analysis tools, such as HP Fortify, SonarQube, etc.
· Dynamic Code Analysis tools, such as valgrind
Ansible Tower, Atlassian Suite (Confluence, JIRA, Stash), Eclipse, git, IntelliJ, Jenkins, IDM/Satellite
Linux (CentOS, Red Hat, Ubuntu), Microsoft Windows
Object-oriented Design and Programming, Database Programming, Product Delivery, Software Development Lifecyle, Unit Testing Methodologies, EW
· BS degree with at least 5+ years of related professional experience or equivalent training and experience.
· Experience with Agile software development and SDLC practices
· Familiarity with unit testing, integration testing, and performance/stress testing
· Experience with requirements management
· Familiarity with SVN and/or GitLab or other configuration management tools
· Can-do attitude, ability to communicate and work with people
· Ability to thrive in a very fast-paced environment without the need for handholding
· US Citizen with the ability to obtain and maintain a government security clearance
· Prior experience with EW software applications
· Experience with Software Defined Radios (SDRs)
· Experience supporting the DoD and/or IC communities
· Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
Security Clearance Requirements: Applicants selected will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements. U.S. Citizenship is required.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. People seeking employment at BlackHorse Solutions, Inc. are considered without regards to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, sexual orientation, ancestry, genetics, physical or mental disability, or veteran status.
TechnologyView all jobs at TekStream Solutions