One of our clients in Camp H. M. Smith, Hawaii needs a Data Analytics Desktop Tools Developer for a permanent position.
· Position: Data Analytics Desktop Tools Developer
- Location: Camp H. M. Smith, Hawaii
- Position Type: Permanent position
· This position will be FT onsite and candidates must have an Active Secret Clearance that can be verified in JPAS.
· The U.S. Indo-Pacific Command (USINDOPACOM) is one of six geographic combatant commands defined by the Department of Defense's (DoD) Unified Command Plan (UCP).
· As a geographic combatant command, the USINDOPACOM is in charge of using and integrating United States Army, Navy, Air Force and Marine Corps forces within the USINDOPACOM area of responsibility (AOR) to achieve U.S. national security objectives while protecting national interests.
· The USINDOPACOM AOR covers more of the globe than any of the other geographic combatant commands and shares borders with all of the other five geographic combatant commands. Teksouth supports the USINDOPACOM by developing and enhancing financial dashboard and reporting tools.
· The tools support retrieval of data from multiple sources and provide output that allows users to view and analyze financial and acquisition data via metric reporting and scorecards, trend analysis, pivot tables, and graphs.
· The Data Analytics Desktop Tools Developer will be responsible for using Microsoft technologies to develop new tools and functionalities, and will be responsible for expanding the functionality of existing solutions to meet the needs of new requirements.
· This role will work closely with the client during all stages of development.
· Automate the process of integration of multiple sources of Accounting and Financial data for the USINDOPACOM.
· Create, enhance, and maintain reporting and dashboard solutions to improve the efficiency of daily operations.
· Provide reports to leadership and tenant units to support decision making.
· Identify possible data sources to integrate using current and past legacy systems
· Convert all data sources to interface/link with Microsoft Access and/or Excel
· Integrate all data sources into one or multiple tables in a customized analytical format using MS Access
· Link MS Access data sources to MS Excel Pivot Tables for multiple users
· Create ad hoc and canned reports
· Create advanced charts in MS Excel
· Develop VBA code in MS Office to automate data collection and integration processes
· Create an automated e-mail notification capability using MS Word
· Lead/Conduct training classes on MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint automation techniques
· Lead specialized analysis and development efforts for analysts and leaders
· Tool development for the USINDOPACOM will include:
· Map or remap feeds into the integrated database/dashboard in the event the current data source is phased out and/or new sources are defined
· Utilize current data sources to streamline financial reporting and analysis of funds execution. Data sources include: Ships and Marine Air Logistics System (MALS); Automated Reconciliations Tracking System (Naval Supply Systems Command) (SMARTS)
· Collect, compile, and parse data daily to maintain the current integrated interface of the dashboard using applications that run from one or more data reporting sources
· Maintain the existing dashboard capabilities to report and display financial data using the data fields and pivot table formats
- Broad knowledge of the DoD environment
- Knowledge of Navy accounting, budgeting, financial management, and acquisition processes and procedures (i.e., authorizations, product service codes, federal supply codes, object class codes, commitments, obligations, expenses, liquidations, expenditures)
- Knowledge and experience working with data evolving from a complete budget cycle, from formulation to actual execution year and close out, and how the information is captured in Navy transaction systems
- Knowledge and experience using data from Navy financial, contracting, and supply systems
- Knowledge of NMCI software interoperability
- Knowledge and understanding of NIPR principals, technologies, and environments
- Expert skills in the Microsoft (MS) Office software suite of tools, specifically Access and Excel, and the ability to develop and implement complex formulas, macros, and queries
- Expert skills in developing tools using Visual Basic for Applications
- Experience in linking data between MS Access, Excel, PowerPoint, SharePoint, Word, and Outlook
- Demonstrated ability to gather customer data/reporting requirements, and turn them in to understandable dashboards and reporting tools
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with clients, from analysts to senior DoD/Army officials
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across a large organization, manage diverse tasks, requirements, and commitments
- Must have an ACTIVE Secret security clearance
- Degree or equivalent experience:
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information systems, engineering, business, or other related scientific field, and at least six (6) years of relevant experience; or
- Master’s degree in the above disciplines, and at least four (4) years of relevant experience; or
- Ten (10) years of relevant professional experience in computer science, or developing and managing database and/or dashboard tools or similar applications
- Relevant experience includes technical analysis, task planning and management, data integration, dashboard design, dashboard creation, and dashboard display.
- Experience in government/military accounting, budgeting, and acquisition
- At least five (5) years of experience preferred
- Work sitting or standing at a desk, cubicle, or conference table for extended periods of time (1-3 hours), with the ability to shift positions while working: sit, stand, pace, adjust positioning in any of those without issue
- Use standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets, and facsimile machines
- Ability to work in a tempered climate-control office environment
- May be required to lift and/or move up to 15 pounds
Teksouth Inc. offers a comprehensive benefits program including various options in these plans:
- Medical, Dental, Vision Insurance
- Paid Holiday/Annual/Sick/PersonalLeave
- Short-Term/ Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Disability Insurance
- Life Insurance
- Generous 401(k) Company Plan
- Plus other additional benefits.
If you are interested in this position, please send me a copy of your latest resume at norman.bhat@iQuasar.com with the information requested below:
- Availability to start a new job
- Best Rates
- Contact #
Also, please let me know what time/number is best to call to discuss this great opportunity. In case you are not interested in this position or this is not a right fit for you, please feel free to share this opportunity with your friends/networks or anyone you know who may be interested in this position. Thank you!
Please don’t hesitate to contact me for any question (s) you may have. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
1420 Northbrook Dr. Suite 220
Gardendale, AL 35071
O: 703-962-6001 Ext: 524