Location: King of Prussia, PA
Duration: 6 months
Compensation: Up to $57.00 hourly
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Project Manager 3.
The main function of an IT Project Manager is to oversee the application of project management methodology during all phases of the project cycle, with responsibilities that include project design, scope management, cost control, quality and performance reporting.
Develop, track and manage project budget, project plans, timelines and scope.
Manage project resources including procuring project staff, developing, motivating, coaching and advising.
Partner closely with other members of functional project teams to define business requirements.
Lead teams of developers in the delivery of high-quality software solutions that meet business needs.
Define test plans and ensure that products are defect free before User Acceptance Testing. Facilitate the User Acceptance Testing process, developing rollout plans and procedures. Prepare and present cost-benefit analyses.
Ensure appropriate systems development and project management processes are being utilized.
Make presentations to steering committees or project sponsors.
People management and team building skills Demonstrated ability to be flexible/ adaptable in exercising judgment in a changing environment and to manage competing priorities. Proven ability to learn business processes quickly and to work well with business partners at different levels within the organization.
Strong ability to assess risk and apply management principles to technology applications/products and business functions.
Experience delivering technology and business application solutions in a large-scale, multi-platform systems environment.
Bachelor's degree in a technical field such as computer science, computer engineering or related field required.
MBA or other related advanced degree preferred.
PMP or PMI certification.
5 to 7 years of experience.
Proven project management experience.
The Engagement Manager provides program management expertise and oversight of large software implementations of the Claim Performance products for the Healthcare Payor industry.
This person is responsible for the effective coordination and project management of software implementations, internal and external status reporting, proactive issue triage, human resource responsibilities for the assigned team and the timely escalation of items for executive leadership review.
Program management oversight requires working closely with assigned client(s), the implementation project team, relationship management team and the sales department to oversee the effective configuration, implementation, deployment and use of licensed products.
This includes development of an overarching strategic vision which supports the goals and initiatives of both the client and McKesson to drive an ongoing escalating value across the solutions deployed.
Key Responsibilities (Include % of time spent on each responsibility)
1. Lead the implementation and support of multiple, large, complex projects by working with a diverse, virtual, cross-functional team.
Work closely with Account Management to manage the client and to define the client roadmap on an ongoing basis. Lead the Service Delivery Team to execute on the client roadmap. 40
2. Manage the progress of the projects ensuring an on schedule, on budget delivery. Effectively manage change. Ensure that the project team is tracking to our contractual commitments. 20
3. Coordinate and maintain interdepartmental relationships/dependencies associated with major software implementation projects.
Other responsibilities cover and are not limited to:
• Strong foundation in Project Management principles
• Detailed and high-level knowledge of MS Office suite of products
• Meeting facilitation and leadership
• Project Management coaching and mentoring
• Issue and Risk Management
• Project metric and measurement
• Flexible time management and priority setting
• Resource management 20
4. Utilize project management tools to facilitate planning and tracking of large, complex projects. Communicate effectively with all stakeholders for regular status reporting and on escalations. 10
5. Build team environment. Assure effective project communication, managing expectations with all levels. Effectively manage conflicts. Maintain strong working relationships with team members and stakeholders at all levels. 10
Minimum Job Qualifications:
• 4-year degree in Business Administration, Health Informatics, Computer Science or related field or equivalent experience.
• PMP certification is strongly preferred.
Business Experience –
• 3 – 5 years experience in IT Project Management with a minimum of 2 years in Software Implementation Project Management, preferably in a payor (Health Plan) environment with familiarity of claims processing and claims payment operations.
Specialized Knowledge/Skills –
• Experience in Healthcare claims IT Project Management.
• Experience in software implementation project management including conflict resolution, resource allocation and prioritization.
• Demonstrated experience managing highly visible strategic and demanding customers.
• Demonstrated ability to manage multiple concurrent projects with significant visibility to the client executive teams.
• Strong foundation in project management principles, processes and methodology.
• Strong influential management experience.
• Must have strong and effective communication and presentation skills for effective communication and presentation skills for external client facing as well as internal communications
Travel Required – 20 - 25%
Environment (Office, warehouse, etc.) – General Office Environment.
Physical Requirements (Lifting, standing, etc.) – General Office Demands.
Our benefits package includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits
Competitive Pay, 401K
And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.