Location: Jersey City, New Jersey
Third-party candidates are not being considered at this time; Candidates must have valid authorization to work in the US for any employer as a W-2 employee.
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for an IT Support Specialist in Jersey City, New Jersey.
Seeking a Territory IT Specialist to support both End Users and IDF space for enterprise institutions. The Territory IT Specialist would be responsible for the fulfillment of IT service requests within their assigned region or territory. Service requests will span an array of IT field services including but not limited to physical Desktop Support, Escorting Vendors, IT Rack & Stack, general network troubleshooting and any other break/fix needs. This position will report directly to the Field Operations Manager who will be remote. In this role the Territory IT Specialist will complete all service tickets assigned by the Service Operation Center. This position requires very strong customer service, Technical abilities, Professionalism, and Organizational skills. The Territory IT Specialist will need to be free thinker and have the ability to solve issues on the fly for any customer request while at their location. The Territory IT specialist will be responsible for performing all work updates and completing out work orders in the platform at the time the work is completed. This role requires the Candidate to have very strong written, verbal, and self-management skills.
· Daily management resolving assigned service requests in a timely manner
· Ticket types the Candidate may encounter are but not limited to: Desktop Support, Break/Fix, Vendor Escorting, Rack & Stack, WAP Replacements
· Works well with support teams to create a seamless experience for the client
· Accept, resolve and close tickets with notes and deliverables within set SLA agreements on the platform
· Tech will be responsible to take all assigned work order requests in a predetermined geographic territory
· Must have reliable transportation or have access to public transpiration to all sites in the geographic area assigned
· Provide a “World Class” Client experience through top tier customer service and technical skills for every customer
· Work through the platform to accept, resolve and close service requests.
· Clearly understand the needs of each customer at their location, and work with existing IT Infrastructure to support all customers and their internal departments.
Work to continuously create and implement Knowledge Base articles from ongoing service requests and incidents.
Direct experience in IT Field Services with a concentration in Desktop Support, and Remote IT Field technician support.
A+ certification or equivalent experience, MCP certification is preferred.
5-year experience in IT as a technician directly supporting an end user environment.
Technical Tool Kit required, which includes Standard IT Hand/Power Tools, Fiber Cleaning Kit, Network Toner, Console Cables, Windows 10 Laptop with Office.
Strong knowledge of using ticketing systems to close out service requests and incidents
Strong written, verbal and communication skills are a must.
Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills with demonstrated ability to prioritize and align responsibilities to the broader business while delivering results and managing expectations.
High level of professionalism, self-motivation, and sense of urgency .
Must have strong face-to-face customer service skills with End Users and Management
Ability to communicate effectively and work as a team to reach set goals
Desire to learn and grow technical skills
Strong O365 Skills a must
Self-Starter and motivated
Very Customer/Client Focused
Decisive decision-making skills
Strong Organizational skills
Desire to learn.
Our benefits package includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits
Competitive Pay, 401K
And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day.
TekPartners is an Equal Opportunity Employer.