Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Field Service Technician I 52410
Location: Rapid City South Dakota USA 55701
Duration: contract to hire
Compensation $ 16.00- $18.00
Work Requirements: US Citizen, GC Holders or Authorized to Work in the US
TekPartners has some of the most sought after Information Technology positions available. As a reputable company in the IT staffing industry, you can trust us to place you in the right position. We currently have an opportunity for a Field Service Technician in Rapid City ,South Dakota
• Maintains, analyzes, troubleshoots, and repairs computer systems, hardware and computer peripherals. Documents, maintains, upgrades or replaces hardware and software systems.
• Supports and maintains user account information including rights, security and systems groups.
• Trains employees, identifies, analyzes, and repairs product failures, orders and replaces parts as needed.
• Determines and recommends which products or services best fit the customers' needs. May require an associate's degree or its equivalent and entry level - 3 years of experience in the field or in a related area.
• Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field.
• Relies on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
• Works under immediate supervision.
• Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment.
• Typically reports to a project leader or manager.
• **CompuCom supports Employment Equity and Diversity**
Qualification Rating ( include year of experience)
Nice to Have
• CCNA and 0 years
• CompTIA A+ and 0 years
• CompTIA Network + and 0 years
• CompTIA PDI + and 0 years
• CompTIA Security + and 0 years
• CompTIA Server + and 0 years
• HP Laptop/Desktop Warranty Certified and 0 years
• HP Printer Warranty Certified and 0 years
• HP Server Warranty Certified and 0 years
• IBM/Lenovo Laptop/Desktop Warranty Certified and 0 years
• IBM Server Warranty Certified and 0 years
• Xerox Certified w/TCN Number and 0 years
• Deskside Support Experience and 0 years
• Desktop Break/Fix Experience and 0 years
• Field Technician Dispatch Experience and 0 years
• Laptop Break/Fix Experience and 0 years
• Networking Experience and 0 years
• Printer Break/Fix Experience and 0 years
• Server Break/Fix Experience and 0 years
READ MANAGER NOTE:
Monday- Friday 9-6 including on call after-hours work OT as needed, on call for weekends twice a month... The position is for break/fix and project support, rates will be market rate based on the skill sets below. Position
• Printer Support • Desktop Support • Project support upgrading Windows operating systems at various client locations.
• Systems may be POS systems or Desktop/Laptop units.
• Ability to upgrade OS software and transfer data if required.
• Good communication skills
• Must have Field Service Experience.
• Must be able to follow written instructions MINIMUM
• (Candidates missing any of these requirements will be automatically rejected.)
• CompTIA A+ Certified Preferred, Reimaging and updating O/S experience required.
• Deskside Customer Service Support Experience Reliable Transportation (This is a driving position – reimbursed accordingly)
• Experience with installation of Home Smart Devices a plus.
• Transition rate upon full time hire to CompuCom will be $ 16.00 to $18.00 for candidates that meet requirements listed, dependent on technician’s skill set, candidates must know this up front. Please make sure you set that expectation up front.
Our benefits package includes:
Comprehensive Medical Benefits
Competitive Pay, 401K
And Much More
TekPartners is one of the fastest growing private staffing firms in the United States. We are a premier provider of highly qualified IT talent, Workforce Solutions and Business Intelligence Solutions to many enterprise organizations across the nation. As experts in the industry, our team continues to match proven talent to the right job opportunity every day. TekPartners is an Equal
TekPartners, A P2P Company
TekPartners has been a trusted and proven technology solutions firm for 16 years. As an information technology partner we offer our clients proven talent through professional staffing, managed services, and IT project solutions. We understand and value the unique needs of the industry and always strive to stay above the curve. The company was founded on the following core values: Be the Best, Understand the Urgency, Never Ever Give Up, Have the Courage to Excel, and Make a Contribution. We take pride in our business model and strive to create a positive workplace environment through an exemplary culture. TekPartners continues to grow and expand with office locations in South Florida, Orlando, Charlotte, and Milwaukee. Learn more at www.tekpartners.com.