Be a part of a winning team by joining WUSA9, a TEGNA Media company. Salespeople, storytellers, marketing gurus, digital experts and production specialists all feel at home here and it’s where Washington D.C.’s most creative personalities feel inspired! WUSA9 is looking for a Sales Assistant to join the team.
In this role, you will:
- Handle multiple duties, prioritize, and assist Sales Account Executives in processing and clearing sales orders.
- Input and maintain client advertising schedules online
- Be the assigned back-up for other critical internal roles (i.e. Traffic Coordinator)
- Services and assists clients (advertising agencies, media buyers and station managers) when needed
- All other duties as assigned
- College degree in communications, public relations, advertising or business preferred, coupled with a passion for building a career in sales and advertising
- Experience with Sales Force a plus!
- Must be extremely organized, task oriented, and have excellent communication skills
- Detail oriented while being able to multi-task
- Proficient with Microsoft Office products
- The ability to meet multiple deadlines
- Self-motivation and willingness to work as a team player are essential attributes
- Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change with our industry are also keys to success
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, visit www.TEGNA.com.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Qualifications: * College degree in communications, public relations, advertising or business preferred, coupled with a passion for building a career in sales and advertising * Experience with Sales Force a plus! * Must be extremely organized, task oriented, and have excellent communication skills * Detail oriented while being able to multi-task * Proficient with Microsoft Office products * The ability to meet multiple deadlines * Self-motivation and willingness to work as a team player are essential attributes * Creativity, flexibility, and ability to change with our industry are also keys to success Education: Vocational Certificate Employment Type: ["FULL_TIME"]