KTVB is looking for a dynamic Sales Assistant to join our team!!
This position reports directly to sales management and is responsible for assisting the National Sales Manager in achieving sales goals for Boise and Twin Falls markets by providing administrative support.
- Responsible for entering and maintenance of sales contracts received through national sales team and national sales manager, revising orders and following up with discrepancies as necessary. Filing and organization of paperwork/information executed in timely manner.
- Responsible for record maintenance of paid programming sales including working with the national sales team to ensure orders and allocations are received and trafficked by deadline. Provide log documentation as requested. Update team regarding unfilled time slots.
- Communicate promptly and effectively with national selling team and clients to communicate program changes, preempts, make good and discrepancy resolution.
- Responsible for additional order entry assistance when/if assigned by manager.
- Work with finance and billing department to research and assist in resolving client issues such as short pays/past due invoices issues.
- Work with DOS and NSM to ensure appropriate documentation of political orders is maintained for compliance with FCC and TEGNA Corporation political policies and procedures.
Here’s what you need
- High School Diploma required, some college preferred
- Television, agency or sales background is preferred, but not required. Wide Orbit Traffic System experience desirable.
- Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or platforms such as Videa, EPort, a plus. Ideal candidate must be detail oriented, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is a media company innovating in the digital age. Our purpose is to serve the greater good of our communities - through empowering stories, impactful investigations and innovative marketing services.
As one of the most geographically diverse broadcasters in the U.S., TEGNA is a best-in-class operator with 62 television stations (including those serviced by TEGNA) and four radio stations in 51 markets from coast to coast. We are the largest owner of Big Four affiliates in the top 25 markets and reach 41.7 million television households, or 39 percent of all TV households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults across our digital platforms. Across Twitter, Facebook and Instagram, TEGNA stations have over 31 million social followers.
TEGNA produces trusted, impactful and innovative content across platforms. We tell stories that matter, are an advocate for those in need and help bring positive change to our communities. Our award-winning journalists have been recognized with numerous national honors including Edward R. Murrow, Alfred I. duPont, George Foster Peabody, George Polk, Walter Cronkite and Emmy awards.
TEGNA also owns leading multicast networks, Justice Network and Quest, which offer unique ad-supported programming. Justice Network is focused on the popular true-crime, mystery and investigation genre, while Quest features factual-entertainment programs such as science, history, and adventure-reality series.
TEGNA also provides local and national partners custom, targeted and innovative campaigns through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service.
In everything we do, we are driven by our strongly held values and our stated purpose to serve the greater good of our communities.
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.
Qualifications: Here's what you need * High School Diploma required, some college preferred * Television, agency or sales background is preferred, but not required. Wide Orbit Traffic System experience desirable. * Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal communications skills. Proficiency in Microsoft Office and/or platforms such as Videa, EPort, a plus. Ideal candidate must be detail oriented, able to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Education: High School Employment Type: ["FULL_TIME"]