KIII-TV3, a TEGNA company, is looking for a driven, solutions-based Local Sales Manager. We have an exciting opportunity for a Local Sales Manager to join our dynamic and forward-thinking sales team. The ideal candidate will showcase his or her strategic and entrepreneurial expertise by leading a team of account executives and account managers by executing a sales strategy delivering a customized customer solution through an integrated suite of media platforms – television, digital, mobile and social. We want someone with a proven history of growing revenue for both television and digital, developing a strong sales team through mentoring and executing special projects. The ideal candidate will have excellent organizational, presentation & leadership skills and enjoy being in front of our clients. The Local Sales Manager is responsible for recruiting and leading a forward-thinking sales team that successfully works with all levels of the local market’s business community. The LSM ideally will establish and grow strong relationships with local and regional advertisers as well. We’re looking for an idea person and strategic thinker who not only creates sales opportunities for advertisers but also helps in the continuing development of our entire team. This position reports directly to the Director of Sales.Job Requirements
The LSM must be results oriented, innovative and a dynamic leader. This person must possess an entrepreneurial mindset, a competitive spirit and exhibit passion for marketing sales, both broadcast and digital. This individual must exhibit the ability to motivate, teach and lead by example.
- Three to five years of sales management experience in television, digital or media industry preferred.
- Coach and lead account executives by participating in client meetings, building deep relationships with decision makers. Assess sales staff with ride-along coaching. Offer, recommend and implement appropriate training for the AEs.
- Demonstrated interpersonal and leadership skills for motivating staff and maximizing revenue performance. Responsible for setting the pace and constantly providing feedback to account executives to improve their performance.
- Expand sales in existing accounts by introducing new products and services; developing new applications. Develop creative and effective customer focused solutions using all media platforms.
- Identify market potential through lead generation and qualification.
- Complete business activity reports and forecasts as required.
- Manage key local accounts with account executives by being active in the sales process.
- Being active in the community.
- Wide Orbit, Excel, PowerPoint, Sales Force, ComScore, & Nielsen software experience is a plus.
TEGNA Inc. (NYSE: TGNA) is an innovative media company that serves the greater good of our communities. With 49 television stations and two radio stations in 41 markets, TEGNA delivers relevant content and information to consumers across platforms. It is the largest owner of top 4 affiliates in the top 25 markets, reaching approximately one-third of all television households nationwide. Each month, TEGNA reaches 50 million adults on-air and approximately 30 million across its digital platforms. TEGNA has been consistently honored with the industry’s top awards, including Edward R. Murrow, George Polk, Alfred I. DuPont and Emmy Awards. TEGNA also delivers innovative and unparalleled solutions for advertisers through TEGNA Marketing Solutions (TMS). TMS is a one-stop shop that helps businesses thrive through an unmatched suite of services and solutions that reach consumers across television, email, social and over-the-top (OTT) platforms, including Premion, TEGNA’s OTT advertising service. Across platforms, TEGNA tells empowering stories, conducts impactful investigations and delivers innovative marketing solutions. For more information, [ Link Removed ]
TEGNA Inc. is a proud equal opportunity employer. We are a drug free, EEO employer committed to a diverse workforce. We encourage and consider all qualified candidates regardless of race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, personal appearance, sexual orientation, gender identity, family responsibilities, disability, enrollment in college or vocational school, political affiliation, veteran status or genetic information.Qualifications: The LSM must be results oriented, innovative and a dynamic leader. This person must possess an entrepreneurial mindset, a competitive spirit and exhibit passion for marketing sales, both broadcast and digital. This individual must exhibit the ability to motivate, teach and lead by example. * Three to five years of sales management experience in television, digital or media industry preferred. Education: Vocational Certificate Employment Type: ["FULL_TIME"]