Facilitates age-and stage-appropriate, medically accurate substance abuse and HIV prevention education in schools and community settings. Uses best practices and evidenced based curricula with fidelity to ensure youth develop the desire for a productive future by avoiding substance use and unprotected sex and making responsible decisions.
- • Teach evidence based curriculum within the school and/or community setting.
- • Function as a liaison for youth’s substance abuse, mental health and HIV testing needs via linkage to hub therapists and HIV counselor.
- • Escort young people to counseling visits and lend support when they are receiving services.
- • Facilitate collection of relevant evaluation data
- • Serve as active participant in Strategic Prevention Framework process.
- • Maintain records of all session and secure data per policy and procedure.
- • Implement parent education series in tandem with other assigned Teen HYPE staff. Instill parents/guardians with confidence about their roll in the lives of their youth.
- • Complete fidelity logs and excel attendance sheets for program activities.
- • Meet with Project Director for supervision, support and evaluation.
- • Attend team staff and organization staff meetings.
- • Attend professional development workshops and trainings as assigned.
- • Bachelor’s Degree preferred and two years of related experience OR, any equivalent combination of experience and/or education from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved.
- • Possesses strong oral and written communication skills
- • Works independently with little direct supervision
- • Displays effective multi-tasking and time management skills
- • Works as part of a team