Barista (Reston Town Center)
Ted's Bulletin Reston, VA
- Expired: January 20, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Baristas role is to prepare quality beverages and serve our guests in accordance with our quality control and service standards. The Barista is a hospitality professional who is warm, genuine, and engaging, as well as efficient and accurate to ensure an extraordinary experience for all our guests.
SUMMARY OF ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Greets, takes and fills orders from guests or servers in accordance with Ted's Bulletin timing, recipe, and service standards, which requires standing and walking behind the bar throughout the duration of shift and may include writing orders.
- Interacts with guests to ensure they feel welcomed and cared for throughout their visit.
- Follows opening and closing procedures/checklists.
- Knows the food and beverage menu, and is able to speak to the menu from memory.
- Rings in orders into point of sale system.
- Collects payment for food and drinks served and accurately processes payment and/or makes change using prescribed cash handling procedures.
- Cleans and maintains an organized work area, which may require reaching, bending, stooping, lifting and working with cleaning agents.
- Understands and practices proper safe food and beverage handling procedures in accordance with local government standards.
- Completes side-work tasks as assigned.
- Strives to hit sales goals as assigned by the general manager.
To be successful in this role, you'll meet or exceed the following requirements:
- Able to stand and walk for up to 10 hours per day preferred
- Able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Able to work calmly and effectively under pressure
- High school diploma (or equivalent) required
- Able to perform basic mathematical calculations
- Must be of legal age to prepare, serve, and ring alcoholic beverages h
- Able to work flexible shifts and schedules, inclusive of weekends, and some holidays
- Certified in (or able to be certified in) responsible alcohol service (as required by state or local law)
- High energy and stamina. Able to work within a fast-paced, highly mobile environment
- Able to perform essential functions and demonstrate competencies to company standards with reasonable accommodation
- Able to communicate effectively in the primary language of the work location (verbal and written)