- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
The Fabricator is responsible for the full range of tasks including fitting and joining, fabricating, repair of metal, wood and other materials by applying the appropriate techniques in accordance with product specifications and schedules. Individuals will work from engineering drawings, specifications, and work order instructions. Fabricators inspect completed work for conformance with specifications, requirements and compliance with applicable building, safety codes, and regulations.
Essential Job Functions
- Thoroughly review, understand and follow work order instructions, drawings, specifications and renderings specific to a project’s scope.
- Use industry accepted construction methods, materials, hardware, tools, and equipment used in both rough and finished carpentry in a commercial / industrial setting.
- Fabricate components as specified by layouts, engineering drawings, work orders, or verbal instructions.
- Work with welders to assist in the fabrication or welding of multi-component parts.
- Setup and safely operate equipment and fabricating machines such as forklifts, scissor or boom lifts, brakes, rolls, shears, flame cutters, drill presses, grinders, table saws, hand power tools, rigging hardware, and other tools related to the job needs.
- Willingness to cross-train and perform the work of other job requirements.
- Inspect equipment to maintain functionality and notify supervisor of any repairs required.
- Responsible for daily cleanup around the fabrication shop and assigned jobsite.
- 1-3 years’ experience in metal fabrication and millwork.
- Ability to multi-task various projects with high level of detail.
- Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Planning and organizing skills.
- Experience at working both independently and in team-oriented, collaborative environment is essential.
- Follow and give oral or written instructions, maintaining cooperative working relationships.
- Conform to shifting priorities, demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities.
- Must be able to work within short lead times and communicate well with the team and project stakeholders.
- React to project adjustments and alterations promptly and efficiently.
- Flexible during times of change.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Must be able to pass a drug test.
Education and Experience
- High School Diploma or GED.
- Certifications through college or technical school, preferred.
- 1-3 years’ of experience in metal fabrication and millwork.
- Stand, walk, sit, crouch, crawl, stoop for more than half shift
- Must frequently lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus.
- Overtime (or ability to work irregular hours) may be required to meet project deadlines.
- Travel is required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, on-site show support or off-site personnel / management.
- Competitive Wages
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Vacation Time
- Training and Advancement
- And more!
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may perform other related duties as negotiated to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.
Print-on-demand: our partners sell DTC across a variety of personalized apparel, home décor and packaging websites. We perform the entire operations value chain from order ingestion to consumer fulfillment for print-cut-sew and other products. We specialize in mass personalization of manufacture-to-fulfillment products – with zero inventory – and also provide product development & fashion design capabilities in-house.
Exhibit and retail: we design and manufacture visual communication experiences for tradeshows, brick-and-mortar stores and a variety of other venues requiring visual signage, graphics and display structures. We employ digital manufacturing methods across aluminum extrusion profiles; tubing; dye sublimation; and 3D printed parts. Products are typically custom designs, along with a family of parametric structures.
Direct to consumer: we operate our own DTC eCommerce brands and online storefronts. our production model is low- to no-inventory and is manufacture-to-fulfillment. Products span a variety of consumer and home décor categories. Additional stealth home décor brand scheduled to launch in FY21.
We are a fast-growing, high-technology and innovative company that is entrepreneurial in nature. We are looking for motivated, hard-working, and reliable individuals who are eager to learn and create quality products for our customers.
AddressNorth Las Vegas, NV
ManufacturingView all jobs at Tectonics
Get fresh Fabrication Technician jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.