The role of the Account Manager is to work directly with their Director of Business Development (DBD) counterpart(s) in the support and growth of our customer base. Reporting to the Vice-President of Corporate Sales, the Account Manager will manage the customer relationship(s) assigned to them by the Vice President of Corporate Sales. The Account Manager is responsible for managing all aspects of their customers day-to-day business requirements including quoting, orders, client communication, certain project management tasks, supporting operational needs and other client related responsibilities. Whereas the Director of Business Development is responsible for developing new customers and relationships within existing clients, the Account Manager must establish themselves as the “go to” point-of-contact at Tectonics regarding any business requirements. To effectively establish one’s position as an Account Manager, the Account Manager must be proactive in regularly communicating with the client to determine their needs and required support. At Tectonics, the sales team works in a fast-paced business environment that is very competitive and quota-driven. The Account Manager must be capable of managing the day-to-day communications of existing clients and onboarding new prospects and clients as they are identified by the DBD. A strong predictor of success is someone who incorporates a consultative approach to their sales technique, has exceptionally strong customer service skills, is detail oriented and has a passion for exceeding client expectations.
Essential Job Functions
- Work with internal teams to ensure operational efficiencies and service levels meet and exceed customer expectations through strong customer service orientation and excellent follow up skills.
- Manage day-to-day communication, quoting & project production for assigned client base.
- Proactively maintains contact with existing customers to determine needs for additional services.
- Periodically participates in out of office meetings & sales presentations with customers and demonstrates excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prepare and present proposals and provide appropriate follow-up throughout the sales process.
- Gathers market research with regard to industry trends, products, service and sales techniques.
- Communicates client’s needs, trends in industry and other competitive advantage information to Tectonics.
- Stays current with Tectonics’ capabilities and self-educates when needed.
How Account Managers Are Evaluated
· Ability to meet the responsibilities, essential job functions and qualification of the position.
· Ability to meet the needs of their assigned customer(s).
· Quality of their work and knowledge of our business.
· Customer satisfaction and retention.
· Sales growth within assigned accounts.
· Consistently acting with integrity and in the best interests of Tectonics at all times.
· Strong written and oral communication skills.
· Ability to build strong relationships with customer.
· Ability to understand and interpret technical & construction drawings.
· Strong listening skills to probe further into client’s needs and expectations.
· Strong organizational and time management skills.
· Ability to multi-task various projects with high level of detail in a fast-paced environment.
· Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
· Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to work with internal and external personnel to meet client requirements.
· Strong orientation toward meeting customer service requirements.
· Be accountable and dependable to internal and external personnel.
· Proficiency using Microsoft Office Suite: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook.
Education and Experience
· 2-5 years Customer Service and/or Sales experience.
· Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience, preferred.
· Experience with large format digital printing, custom manufacturing of displays or other visual products, and/or related manufacturing or client experience.
· Ability to work irregular hours may be required to meet project deadlines.
· Travel is required for the purpose of meeting with clients, stakeholders, on-site show support or off-site personnel / management.