Tectonic is seeking a full-time Chief Inspectors for immediate assignment to a large ConnDOT project in the Norwalk, CT area.
Essential functions of the Chief Inspector position include supervising, coordinating, and tracking the progress of construction projects, assisting and advising inspectors regarding project management, construction, and inspection issues, and alerting supervisors of major or consistent discrepancies. They will also prepare construction documents and records, comply with budget standards, perform inspections as needed, and provide assurance to clients that the project has been constructed in accordance with the contract documents, as well as all related duties as required.
- Must possess a valid CT Professional Engineering License and a minimum of 10 years of experience in civil, highway, or relevant engineering field of which 4 years shall have been in Field Inspection and 1 year in a supervisory capacity;
- ConnDOT experience or other DOT experience is required;
- Relevant NETTCP certifications, or the ability to require them within a reasonable time period;
- Excellent communication skills, both orally and written, as well as outstanding interpersonal skills;
- Ability to prepare correspondence, reports, and recommendations concerning construction issues and to establish and maintain project records;
- Must have the ability to obtain OSHA Safety Certifications as required;
- Understand the fundamentals of necessary inspection codes and requirements in order to carry out testing, and must be detail-oriented;
- Requires a valid, clean driver’s license and personal vehicle to travel to and within project sites, as regular daily travel is required.
COMPETITIVE SALARY & BENEFITS PACKAGE
In addition to providing competitive salaries, Tectonic offers a wide range of benefit options, including:
- Comprehensive group medical insurance, including health, dental, vision and life
- Opportunities for professional growth and advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Paid time off, including vacation, sick and personal
- Company–observed paid holidays
- Short and long-term disability coverage
- Flexible spending accounts for medical expenses and dependent care
- Commuter benefit plan for public transportation costs
- 401K retirement and profit sharing plan.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, and highly encourage resumes from all interested parties including women, minorities, veterans and persons with disabilities. All qualified applicants will be afforded equal employment opportunities without discrimination on the basis of race, creed, color, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, or any other protected class.
Tectonic participates in the USCIS E-Verify Program to verify that all new hires are authorized to work in the United States.
An ENR Top 200 Firm, Tectonic provides unmatched capabilities in the following disciplines: Civil Engineering, Geotechnical Engineering, Structural Engineering, Environmental Services, Land Surveying, Homeland Security, Site Acquisition/Real Estate, Program & Construction Management, and Construction Inspection and Materials Testing. We concentrate our services with the following core market sectors: Energy, Telecommunications, Land Planning, Transportation, Water Resources, Municipal, and Institutions, Education & Healthcare.