Swiss CNC Machinist - $25 / hr
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
**** $1,500 Sign-On Bonus and Benefits that Start on Day 1 **
Build innovative solutions and design the future.
You can pursue your potential at Tecomet by working with a dedicated team to solve complex challenges, in partnership with industry-leading clients in medical device technology, aerospace, and defense industries. With the backing of our steadfast brand, you can be a part of the next era of manufacturing by bringing bold ideas to life and building products that improve on the status quo.
What’s In It For You:
At Tecomet, we believe that everyone makes a difference and contributes to our overall success. We are a team bound together by pride in our work and dedication to our craft. Our leadership team shares the company’s strategic direction so our workforce can remain informed and attain our internal goals and objectives.
Let’s talk about what we have to offer:
- Competitive pay and benefit packages
- Health Benefits start on day one
- 401k available
- 9 Paid Holidays with 2 Floating Holidays
- PTO available after 30 days
The CNC Machinist II produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet’s principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
- Operate and Set-up CNC machines within specified tolerances following work instructions and in accordance with machine programs and engineering drawings;
- Perform difficult CNC Machinist work including progressive machining of a variety of parts and different metals where very close tolerances must be maintained;
- Change dull tooling, and/or make minor offsets and adjustments as needed for tooling wear;
- Ensure product quality is achieved by working to operator owned quality (OOQ) standards and requirements including using a range of measuring equipment and interpreting readings;
- Perform routine maintenance as per daily machine checklist and adhere to PM schedule;
- Perform hand finishing;
- Follow Good Manufacturing and Good Document Practices (GMP/GDP) at all times including completion of job routers/ cards;
- Ensure safe working practices are carried out to minimize risks to the job holder and/or colleagues, including identifying and reporting Safety, Health & Environmental issues;
- Achieve set productivity targets and identify ways of improving productivity;
- Record all activities in a timely manner on the job tracking system;
- Identify and support Continuous Improvement activities;
- Identify and escalate manufacturing issues to the Team Leader and/or Supervisor, participating in the resolution as required;
- Maintain 5S/housekeeping standards within work area;
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by supervisor;
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Ability to operate, setting up and maintaining a CNC Machine
- Ability to run multiple CNC Machines
- Solid necessary math skills, including measuring and keeping count records
- Effective at planning, prioritizing and organizing tasks and activities with the ability to deal with competing demands within specified timescales
- Ability to follow work instructions
- Proven record of quality, on-time production runs
- Demonstrable commitment to safety at all times
- Attention to detail alongside ability to perform repeatable task over a prolonged period of time
- Positive attitude, reliable, and a team player
- Ability to identify problems and escalate as required
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Solid computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- 3 – 5 years CNC Swiss experience.
- Experience of working in a production environment, preferred
Tecomet, Inc is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, gender identity, religion, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, protected veteran status, or any other protected characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
**Looking for a better employment fit? **
**Look to Tecomet and apply online at **[careers.tecomet.com]().
You should be proficient in:
- Machine Setups for Production Runs
- Blueprint Reading
- Troubleshooting CNC Machines
Machines & technologies you'll use:
- CNC Swiss Lathe
5307 95th AveKenosha, WI
ManufacturingView all jobs at Tecomet