MANUFACTURING ASSOCIATE - 2nd Shift - Sign-on Bonus!!!
Tecomet, Inc. Wilmington, MA
- Posted: over a month ago
The Manufacturing Associate will provide assistance throughout the plant as needed by performing simple machine operation and other miscellaneous production and shipping tasks as assigned This is accomplished by maintaining Tecomet principles of Safety, Quality, Customer Satisfaction and Innovation.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate machines and/or perform simple production tasks in the manufacture of Tecomet products.
- Operate machines that have already been set up.
- Prepare and load parts as instructed.
- Perform assembly.
- Perform simple inspections during production to detect quality problems.
- Ensure material and required documentation is complete and correct, and that certifications are present.
- Verify certifications with customer print specifications and router procedures.
- Additional functions and requirements may be assigned by supervisors and/or management as deemed appropriate.
- High School diploma or general education degree
- One (1) to three (3) months of related work experience.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Manufacturing operations.
- Measuring devices.
- Finish work efficiently and volunteer to help in other areas.
- Help others keep additional machines running.
- Learn additional machine operations or production tasks to become available for additional responsibilities while maintaining quality and productivity at or above required performance levels.
- Consistently produce at superior levels of quality and productivity.
- Use communication with co-workers to improve unit production.
- Be flexible in accepting new tasks and new ways of doing things.
- Adjust work hours to fit production needs
- Accurately use calipers, micrometers, and other precision measurement devices after training period.
- Read, write clearly, and follow written procedures.
- Efficiently operate a computer.
This position has moderate physical activity performing somewhat strenuous daily activities of a primarily product/technical nature.
- The following physical/environmental demands could occur up to two-thirds of the time:
- Standing; walking; manual dexterity sufficient to reach/handle items and work with fingers.
- Ability to bend and lift, loading and unloading work pieces into the machine or moving from one workstation to another.
- The following physical/environmental demands occur from one-third up to two-thirds of the time:
- Ability to lift and carry objects up to 25 lbs throughout the shift of work or to other production areas.
- Ability to perform repetitive work more than 8 hours per day and weekend.
- Ability to judge depth and distance.
- Ability to read fine print and distinguish color.
- Ability to reach machine controls five feet above the floor.
- Ability to wear proper PPE.
- This position has the following work environment conditions:
- Works near or with moving mechanical parts up to two-thirds of the working time.
- Has moderate to loud noise conditions.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Protected Veterans / Disabilities
Drug Free Workplace
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Monday - Friday
2:30pm - 11pm
2nd Shift Premium : 10%
ManufacturingView all jobs at Tecomet, Inc.