CNC Machinist II
- Expired: December 26, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
The CNC Machinist II produces machined parts by setting up and operating a computer numerical control (CNC) machine; maintaining quality and safety standards; keeping records; maintaining equipment and supplies.
The role requires the above to be accomplished within Tecomet's principles of continuous improvement, customer driven innovation and a win first culture, while meeting company financial and other performance metrics.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Operate and Set-up CNC machines within specified tolerances following work instructions and in accordance with machine programs and engineering drawings;
- Perform difficult CNC Machinist work including progressive machining of a variety of parts and different metals where very close tolerances must be maintained;
- Change dull tooling, and/or make minor offsets and adjustments as needed for tooling wear;
- Ensure product quality is achieved by working to operator owned quality (OOQ) standards and requirements including using a range of measuring equipment and interpreting readings;
- Perform routine maintenance as per daily machine checklist and adhere to PM schedule;
- Perform hand finishing;
- Follow Good Manufacturing and Good Document Practices (GMP/GDP) at all times including completion of job routers/ cards;
- Ensure safe working practices are carried out to minimize risks to the job holder and/or colleagues, including identifying and reporting Safety, Health & Environmental issues;
- Achieve set productivity targets and identify ways of improving productivity;
- Record all activities in a timely manner on the job tracking system;
- Identify and support Continuous Improvement activities;
- Identify and escalate manufacturing issues to the Team Leader and/or Supervisor, participating in the resolution as required;
- Maintain 5S/housekeeping standards within work area;
- Performs other duties or special projects as required or as assigned by supervisor;
- High School diploma or general education degree (GED); Associates degree/certificate in Tooling & Machining or Machinist apprenticeship preferred.
- 3 - 5 years CNC Swiss experience.
- Experience of working in a production environment, preferred
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Ability to operate, setting up and maintaining a CNC Machine
- Ability to run multiple CNC Machines
- Solid necessary math skills, including measuring and keeping count records
- Effective at planning, prioritizing and organizing tasks and activities with the ability to deal with competing demands within specified timescales
- Ability to follow work instructions
- Proven record of quality, on-time production runs
- Demonstrable commitment to safety at all times
- Attention to detail alongside ability to perform repeatable task over a prolonged period of time
- Positive attitude, reliable, and a team player
- Ability to identify problems and escalate as required
- Good communication skills, written and verbal
- Solid computer skills
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
The work environment is representative and typical of similar jobs in comparable organizations.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee could be required to stand. The employee could frequently be required to walk; use hand to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. The employee could be required to sit; climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee could occasionally lift and or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by the job could include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision and ability to adjust focus.
Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA):
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The statements herein are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by employees, and are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. Furthermore, they do not establish a contract for employment and are subject to change at the discretion of the Company.
Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action Employer / Protected Veterans / Disabilities
Drug Free Workplace
ManufacturingView all jobs at Tecomet, Inc.
Get fresh CNC Machinist jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.