Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, TSC is an employee-owned company that has been providing high-quality technical services and solutions for our customers’ for over 50 years. Our diverse portfolio includes providing; Airborne Sensors and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR); Electronic Warfare Systems; Air and Missile Defense; Space Systems, and Intelligence and Information Systems. TSC offers a professional working environment, a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package. Come and join our team!
TSC Operation Highlights
We engineer aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cybersecurity, robotics, and program management.
TSC is hiring for a Systems Engineer V to join its team in Stafford, VA to manage and perform systems engineering tasks, such as the analysis and testing of software systems and position, navigation, and timing systems. The work to be performed will primarily be done within the Stafford, VA area. Limited travel CONUS/OCONUS may be required. Post-employment certification / compliance with DoD 8570 (Security+) will be required.
- Interface with customers, stakeholders, and development team to gather and document requirements.
- Perform testing of software systems, to include defining test plans, cases, and procedures, executing tests, and documenting test results. Ability to support development of scripted (automated) testing.
- Provide subject matter expertise in the area of signals analysis, position, navigation, and timing to a team composed of software engineers, system engineers, system administrators, and project managers.
- Assist other engineers in system problem diagnosis and troubleshooting, collection of problem information, writing discrepancy reports (DRs), and identifying options and recommending fixes.
- Evaluate software systems (COTS and GOTS) for example, APIs, GUI and system functionality.
- Support systems engineering functions and processes during technical exchanges with customers and the development team.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering, Systems Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Computer Engineering is required. Other engineering degrees may be acceptable with sufficient skills and experience.
- 3 or more years of full-time professional experience in area of study
- Fundamental understanding of signal processing and navigation, position, and domain (clocks, global positioning systems, time distribution, measurement and analysis)
- Successful candidates must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking; must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Products in particular MS Word and Excel
- Master’s degree is desirable.
- Matlab experience
- Experience and comfortable working with Linux CLI
- Experience with relational databases (MySQL, PostgreSQL, SQL)
- Fundamental understanding of networking (e.g., TCP/IP)
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position: Yes, a TS/SCI clearance with the ability to pass a CI polygraph will be required, post-employment.
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract: No
TSC offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP participation, 401k Plan, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Co-Sponsored Health Plan, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to TSC:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment at TSC is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check, security investigation, and a drug screening.
TSC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.