Systems Administrator III
Technology Service Corporation Stafford, VA
- Posted: over a month ago
Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, TSC is an employee-owned company that has been providing high-quality technical services and solutions for our customers’ for over 50 years. Our diverse portfolio includes providing; Airborne Sensors and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR); Electronic Warfare Systems; Air and Missile Defense; Space Systems, and Intelligence and Information Systems. TSC offers a professional working environment, a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package. Come and join our team!
TSC Operation Highlights
We engineer aerospace capabilities for problems of national interest. Our core competencies are system engineering, mechanical and electrical systems, spaceflight qualification and testing, software engineering, cyber security, robotics, and program management.
This position requires a flexible individual with experience in Linux system administration throughout the project lifecycle. Candidate provides backend server as well as end-user support including upgrades, system refresh, automated patch and update deployment, continuous monitoring using best practices and cyber security tools. Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work well in a team is required. The work to be performed will primarily be done within the Stafford, VA area. Limited travel CONUS/OCONUS may be required.
This role will include, but will not be limited to the following:
- Interface with customers to gather and document requirements.
- Design, implement, and test functional capabilities based on customer requirements in a timely manner.
- Install and maintain Linux (RHEL) systems in production environments.
- Linux system administration including backup, security management, bash scripting, user account management.
- Hardening OS and applications to required configurations (e.g. DISA STIGs).
- Compliance/Vulnerability Monitoring with HBSS and ACAS.
- Network troubleshooting.
- Bachelor’s degree in IT, Networking, or Engineering is required. Current/past work experience can substituted for technical degree.
- 1-3+ years of Linux System Administration experience.
- Enterprise Linux Distributions (RHEL, CENTOS) 6 and/or 7 experience.
- Successful candidates must be well organized, a good communicator, and capable of multi-tasking; must possess strong analytical skills, and be able to work independently as well as in a team environment.
- Compliant with DoD 8570 (Security+, CISSP, etc.)
- Experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS).
- Experience with change request and work tracking software (e.g., Atlassian’s Jira).
- Software configuration management using GIT & continuous integration products (such as Atlassian Stash and Bamboo).
- Experience with Risk Management Framework (RMF).
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Security Clearance Required: Yes, the ability to obtain a TS/SCI clearance is required. Selected applicant will be subject to a government security investigation and must meet eligibility requirements associated with access to classified information. Current certification / compliance with DoD 8570 (i.e. Security +) is required.
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract: No
TSC offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP contributions, 401k Matching Program, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to TSC:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment at TSC is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check, security investigation, and a drug screening.
TSC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Technology Service Corporation
Technology Service Corporation (TSC), an Engineering Services Provider providing Radar & Sensor technology, Algorithm & Software development, Modeling & Simulation, Test & Evaluation, Element-Level and AEGIS Certification, Systems and System Safety Engineering services to the U.S.
TechnologyView all jobs at Technology Service Corporation