Business Development Lead (Remote)
- Posted: 9 days ago
Company Overview: Headquartered in Arlington, Virginia, TSC is an employee-owned company that has been providing high-quality technical services and solutions for our customers’ for over 50 years. Our diverse portfolio includes providing full lifecycle support in Precision Strike And Area Effects; Area Protection; Airborne Sensors and Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (ISR); Vehicle Protection; Electronic Warfare Systems; Air And Missile Defense; Space Systems, and Intelligence and Information Systems. TSC offers a professional working environment, a competitive salary, and an excellent benefits package. Come and join our team!
TSC is seeking a Business Development Lead (BDL) to support business expansion activities with a focus on business capture. The role is located in Huntsville, AL, and is focused on delivering sales/pipeline growth, capture management, and maintaining an updated pipeline for the Huntsville site. This is a leadership role that will have significant influence on the future technologies, programs and business strategies of the Huntsville location and will support the development of corporate strategies as well. This position has ownership of Huntsville sales growth.
The position is a mix of prioritizing, executing, and delegating business development tasks. The organization cannot go after every opportunity or develop relationships with every customer, therefore prioritizing which opportunities to pursue and which to ignore will be a critical success factor. This prioritization could mean owning the capture of an opportunity, delegating specific tasks to supporting team members, or not pursuing specific opportunities all together. It is expected that the BDL will manage most responses that are submitted by the Huntsville site. This means writing and delivering RFI/white paper responses, and/or leading a team to submit proposals.
It is expected that the candidate will take ownership to develop and grow relationships with current and new customers as well as key points of contact. The BDL will support various programs and pursuits that are in line with TSC’s strategic focus on Precision Weapons, Radar and Fire Control, and Electronic Warfare sensors. Emphasis will be placed on program development strategy and areas where technologies or capabilities can be transitioned into products and production manufacturing. The BDL will also support program expansion and securing new contract vehicles, while bringing in key programs in target TSC market areas. This individual will have the responsibility for supporting and leading business capture efforts and winning new opportunities.
Fundamentally, Business Development is heavily based on relationships, and it is expected that the BDL will frequently travel to meet with customers in support of growing strong relationships that support future growth.
- Deliver on yearly sales and Pipeline growth goals for the Huntsville site.
- Proactively engage both industry and direct Government customers through face-to-face meetings, white papers, presentations, etc. to influence RFPs and grow customer relationships.
- Develop concepts of operations and solutions that utilize TSC’s capabilities and align with strategic technology and product goals.
- Keep the Huntsville pipeline updated and provide monthly management updates.
- Shape future programs for both DOD Labs as well as industry primes.
- Identify opportunities, craft technical white papers, with minimal support, and help shape and create new business for TSC based on the company’s expertise and technology.
- Work with stakeholders to analyze draft and final RFPs and related documents and develop responses based on customer feedback.
- Stay involved with programs and help lead program strategies for growth and expansion.
- Work with applicable TSC organizations to gain an understanding of how to incorporate their technology and skills into the Huntsville opportunities.
- Work with key stakeholders to drive Huntsville business strategies as well as support development of corporate strategies
- Prioritize and delegate customer engagements, opportunities, and responses as appropriate.
- Bachelor or Master’s degree in Engineering, Aeronautics or related technical discipline required.
- 10+ years total experience with a minimum of 5 years of related experience working with government or industry customers and a demonstrated track record of internal or external business creation efforts within the Federal Government marketplace.
- Expertise or background in RF/microwave technologies, wireless solutions, integrated defense electronics, product development, space systems, and/or intelligence community activities.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage unique subject matter expertise, industry experience and customer relationships to identify and develop new or adjacent opportunities.
- Demonstrated ability to leverage technical expertise and industry/government experience to be able to craft proposals with little oversight.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and establish meetings with key customers and points of contact for targeted markets and technologies.
- Demonstrated ability to identify and lead strategic partnership/teaming agreements to expand business opportunities.
- Willing to travel as required.
- Understanding of the government procurement, fiscal, and regulatory environment.
U.S. Citizenship Required: Yes
Eligibility to Obtain a DoD Security Clearance Required for this Position: Yes
Travel: 10% to 25%
Relocation Assistance Available: No
Position Contingent upon Award of Contract: No
TSC offers a stable work environment, a competitive salary and a comprehensive benefits package; including ESOP contributions, 401k Matching Program, Flexible Work Schedules, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Leave and much more.
Applying to TSC:
Only those candidates invited for an interview will be contacted. Employment at TSC is contingent upon the successful completion of a comprehensive background check, security investigation, and a drug screening.
TSC is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer/Affirmative Action Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, national origin, age, veteran status, disability or any other protected class.
Technology Service Corp
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?