Technology Pointe, Inc. is one of the fastest growing IT Management firms in Texas. We lead the industry in providing fanatical customer experiences and being a great place to work. We were awarded one of the “Best Places to Work” in Austin by the Austin Business Journal.
We are looking for a Tier II Helpdesk / Systems Admin to join our dynamic team at our Dallas, Texas office. We need someone with proven technological expertise, initiative, enthusiasm, and is resolute in practicing industry proven solutions – no shortcuts. This position requires the ability to work independently with minimal supervision, and he/she must have excellent client communication and written skills. A professional manner and appearance is a must.
What Drives You:
- Do you have the desire to learn new technology and skills, achieve certifications and learn from the brightest engineers?
- We have an infinite training budget for buying books, videos, test exams and even lab equipment. We have VMware hosts, entire AD domains, and Cisco stacks for testing and learning. Some team members have achieved their CCNA in less than 2 years, or an MCSE in 6 months, all at the company’s expense.
- Weekly training lunch and learns on VMware, Exchange and more.
- Escalations are “let me show you” not just “give me the ticket”. Learn side-by-side with senior team members.
- Get involved in projects. There is no “projects only” team, everyone gets involved. Work with an engineer to upgrade a client’s SQL database or migrate them to O365.
- Want to avoid bad industry trends and burn out?
- Standard work week is <45 hours.
- Generous paid vacation time, starts at 2 weeks, while senior team members get 10 weeks per year.
- One on-call week per quarter.
- Fully-paid individual health insurance. You do not pay a dime out of pocket for yourself, and we contribute monthly to your own health savings account, ($2000+/yr).
- Quarterly bonuses equal to 2.5% (each) of your annual pay.
What is Required of You:
- You have the patience and ability to clearly explain complex technologies to non-technical customers. We deal with many lawyers, accountants and engineers, and they may not be able to tell you exactly what is wrong. Customer service & communication is key here.
- You’re an IT generalist and have in-depth knowledge of several of the following:
- Windows Server 2012/2016
- 802.11b/g/n/ac wireless systems
- General networking (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, routing, switching). Cisco a plus
- Firewalls (SonicWall and Cisco a plus)
- Exchange 2013+
- Office 365 – Exchange Online, SharePoint Online, Skype/Teams, OneDrive, Flow
- You make extensive use of ticketing system and ensure all correspondence and actions are documented properly in a detailed, timely manner - ConnectWise preferred
What We Offer:
- 100% paid employee benefits
- Generous vacation time
- Paid training, weekly company paid lunch and more
- Starting salary for this position is $50k - $53k
- A Great Place to Work!