Leafbuyer Technologies is a publicly traded tech and marketing firm in one of the world’s fastest-growing industries. Servicing the needs of the budding cannabis industry, the company provides unique value as one the most comprehensive sources for cannabis deals in the world, through the leafbuyer.com website and other SaaS offerings. The firm is seeking a Director of Technology that possesses both experience and talent.
This role will drive the company’s development efforts from the ideation to execution, building a strong vision and managing the operational needs of the firm. The best-suited candidate will have experience growing companies, using their extensive knowledge of computer systems, IT, and management to make Leafbuyer Technologies the #1 technology platform within the cannabis Industry. With hard, smart work, the opportunity to grow both individually and as a company will parallel the pace of the market. These efforts will be noticed and rewarded: initiative and autonomy especially.
- Oversee all technology operations and align them according to established goals
- Devise and establish IT policies and systems to support the implementation of strategies set by upper management
- Analyze the business requirements of all departments to determine their technology needs
- Analyze complex business needs presented by the sales, support and marketing teams and work with the engineering team to provide technical solutions
- Oversee technology infrastructure platforms including hardware, software, security, data centers, cloud environments, communication systems and network resources all with configuration parameters.
- Coordinate technology operations between external contractors and development team within the organization
- Identify opportunities to make multiple platforms developed or acquired by the company work together more efficiently and cost-effectively
- Prepare financial budgets and present proposals for capital projects to upper management
- Maintain corporate agreements and licenses with software, hardware and cloud vendors
- 10 or more years development experience
- 3-5 years’ experience as a Director of Technology or similar role
- Experience in analysis, implementation and evaluation of IT systems and their specifications
- Sound understanding of computer systems (hardware/software), networks etc.
- Experience in planning and controlling information technology budget
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills
- Outstanding communication abilities
- BS/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; MS/MA will be a plus