Technology Advisory Group (TAG), located in Warwick, RI, was founded in 1996 as a technology consulting and computer networking services company. We predominantly serve small businesses in Rhode Island, Massachusetts and Connecticut. Over the years, TAG has grown and has been listed in the Providence Business News as one of Rhode Island’s "Fastest Growing Technology Companies" every year from 2003 through 2012.
We have carefully partnered with a select group of vendors and continuously research the latest technology solutions to provide hardware, software and services that make the most sense for your company. Our typical client is a small to medium sized business that needs the resources of an IT Department on an outsourced basis. They are interested in benefiting from the varied and extensive in-field experience of our staff to recommend and implement technology solutions that allow them to become more efficient, professional and profitable.
We now have a need for additional full time, seasoned Senior Network Engineer with 5+ years experience with a focus on customer service.
A typical day will involve working with clients, both on site and remotely, resolving issues with their Servers, PC's, peripherals and networking issues. The candidate must have a good balance of technical, people and problem solving skills.
We are looking to hire our next Senior Network Engineer that will:
- Aggressively solve customer problems
- Over-communicate with co-workers and customers
- Be detail oriented (keep internal documentation current and complete)
- Enjoy handling multiple, competing priorities
- Thrive in a customer facing, team environment
- Learn quickly and enjoy sharing that knowledge with our team
- Smoothly jump from desktop to server to firewall support without fear
- Be an 'A' player and bring their best game each day, rain or shine
Applicant must have consulting experience, a strong Windows Server and Desktop background and a solid understanding of networking.
- Windows Server (all versions)
- Small Business Server
- Terminal Server
- Active Directory / Group Policies
- Virtualization (predominantly with VMware)
- Cloud Hosting Concepts
- Remote Access
- Desktop Operating Systems
- Routers, Switches & Wireless
- Virtual Private Networks
- Networking - TCP/IP routing & subnets
- DHCP / DNS
- Virus / Malware removal
- Mobile Devices
- Hardware / Software upgrades
- Self motivated
- Well organized & meticulous
- Work independently and contribute as a team player
- Strong work ethic
- Strong written and verbal communications skills - both on the phone and in person
- Have tact and patience
- Have the ability to shift gears as needed
- Must keep good records and documentation of all environments
- Must have reliable transportation
What we offer:
- Bonus / Profit Sharing Plan
- Mileage reimbursement
If you have what it takes to contribute to the BEST Network Management team in Rhode Island and can prove it, then this may be your dream job!