Wafer fab operator is responsible for hand coating, baking, etching and wiping of silicon wafers. Also the cleaning and inspection of many different sizes of silicon wafers. Cleaning methods include wet bench RCA cleaning, Piranah, BOE and single wafer scrub. Inspections include bright light, ambient light and yellow light. The fab operator must be able to process wafers through batch cleaning, hand cleaning or single wafer scrubbing.
- Involved in different processes or various steps in manufacturing and functions; acts as a liaison or link between the engineers and production personnel.
- Perform set-up of semiconductor processing for films on substrates.
- Provide assistance to process development and engineering personnel as required.
- Maintain and characterize equipment and/or work with internal and external personnel to support efficient and reliable tool operation.
- Implementation / Monitoring of Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Help resolve / troubleshoot process problems and improve yield via standard problem solving techniques.
- Help set up processing equipment, test and perform minor adjustments to equipment within guidelines to ensure processes and equipment is running within specification.
- Support the manufacturing of all fab areas.
- Process coating, detailed inspections, develop, patterning, baking, etches, clean, diffusion and thin films per customer instructions, instructions and TM’s (Tool Manual).
- Process experience with :Lithography, wet etches, dry etches, thin films, spin coating, aligning.
- Basic knowledge of the Semiconductor processing
- Have the ability to comprehend detailed instructions and follow technical direction.
- Must be able to handle wafers with vacuum wands according to training specifications and requirements.
- Must be able to perform basic calculations.
- Adhere to Safety requirements in a clean room environment.
- Ability to work in a constantly changing environment and manage multiple tasks.
- Must be able to work in a wafer fab environment and wear a full cover hood, smock, safety glasses, gloves and required shoes.
- Troubleshooting, defect reduction and other duties as required supporting fab objectives.
- Identify issues and present solutions to Maintenance and management.
- Ability to produce results in a timely manner.
- Ability to operate measurement devices.
- Flexibility is required to assist in production activities to meet required workload demands.
- Demonstrates attention to detail to ensure accuracy and completeness.
- Possess strong leadership skills.
- Knowledge of Statistical Process Control (SPC), word processing and spread sheet software.
- Work under minimal supervision and adjust to rapidly changing priorities.
- Knowledge of (Custom Manufacturing Execution System (MES). Knowledge of On-line Quality system for ISO (International Standards Organization) and entire training and tracking system.
- Physical demand: Often handles load of up to 25 lbs. Requires regular walking and standing, constantly using arms & hands in a repetitive motion. Work involves making repetitive motions using hands to hold, control wafers and/or equipment.
- This positions primary duties and essential functions take place in a cleanroom fab environment.
- Adhere to all safety protocal.
- High School Diploma or equivalent.
- Basic knowledge in math and computer skills.
- Strong mechanical aptitude and technical knowledge.
Job Type: Full-time