We are hiring an experienced industrial maintenance technician for our 2nd shift. You are responsible for preventive maintenance and ongoing troubleshooting and maintenance with a variety of equipment including hydraulics, pneumatics, machine repair, electrical systems, heating systems, plumbing and facilities. As an injection molder, our equipment is diverse, automated and complex, allowing you to build on your existing skills.
What’s in the job…
- Maintain a “safety first” attitude at all times. Maintain safe working habits by following established OSHA and company safety practices and policies (IE: LOTO, GMP, ARC Flash, Proper PPE practices, Housekeeping).
- Understanding of mechanical, electrical, hydraulic, and pneumatic principals.
- Diagnose and repair machinery related to manufacturing including but not limited to: injection/compression molding machines, stamping presses, auxiliary equipment, robots, and fabrication and assembly machines.
- Diagnose mechanical problems and determine how to correct them, checking blueprints, repair manuals, and parts catalogs as necessary.
- Assemble, install or repair wiring, electrical and electronic components, pipe systems and plumbing, machinery, and equipment.
- Clean and lubricate shafts, bearings, gears, and other parts of machinery.
- Ability to install and repair electrical apparatus such as transformers/robots.
- Work directly with outside vendors to order spare parts and needed supplies.
- Perform and/or assist with weekly/monthly/annual preventative maintenance tasks.
- Bend, cut and thread pipe. Seal pipe joints with sealing compound. Install conduit and pull wires.
- Repair air leaks on equipment.
- Support all building/facility requirements as directed by supervisor.
- Perform and/or assist with weekly/monthly/annual EHS inspections.
- Maintains a neat and organized work area.
Requirements you bring….
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 to 5 years related experience and/or training in an industrial environment.
- Strong mechanical aptitude with the ability to demonstrate a solid understanding of electrical controls, hydraulics, pneumatics, fabrication, and excellent diagnostic and troubleshooting skills.
- Ability to read equipment blueprints, schematics and related materials
- Effectively communicate equipment malfunction and corrective actions to the oncoming shift and department supervisor.
- Communicate regularly with co-workers in all positions to maintain a high level of customer service and respect plant wide.
- Participate in teams to drive change in regard to safety, quality, production, continuous improvement, and employee relations.
- Maintain a respectful and professional demeanor