Entry Level Project Engineer
We are currently recruiting for leadership-driven, self-motivated Candidates to join our well-established geotechnical engineering firm.
Education and Qualifications:
- B.S. Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Engineer in Training preferred.
Responsibilities and Duties:
Working under the supervision of a registered Professional Engineer responsibilities and duties will include:
- Managing geotechnical, forensic, and construction projects, including consulting with clients, design professionals, and contractors.
- Planning and supervising soil exploration.
- Logging, and classifying soil borings.
- Scheduling laboratory testing to evaluate soil types, behavior, and engineering properties.
- Evaluating geologic and seismic hazards, including liquefaction, lateral spreading, and dry sand settlement.
- Analyzing natural, fill, and reinforced slopes.
- Evaluating distressed structures and failed slopes.
- Providing bearing capacity, earth pressures, and pavement recommendations.
- Providing analysis of and design recommendations for shallow and deep foundations.
- Providing analysis of and design parameters for temporary and permanent earth retention.
- Providing grading and ground modification recommendations.
- Preparing proposals, schedules, and reports to achieve project goals while managing budgets.
While preforming the duties of this job, the employee is required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand, sit, use hands, handle or feel, reach with hands and arms, stoop, kneel or smell. The employee will occasionally move up to fifty (50) pounds.
The employee will be required to have and maintain valid CA driver’s license with safe driving record.
The employee will be required to pass pre-employment physical and drug screen