TMR Inc. seeks a Network Specialist - Senior that will support our client located in Aberdeen MD.
- Provide direct, hands-on network engineering expertise to help design, install, and maintain various DoD network architectures.
- Troubleshoot and resolve highly technical core service outages and other complex IT system issues.
- Test and evaluate network systems to eliminate problems and improve client core enterprise services in support of Army users.
- Work effectively with stakeholders, including program and project managers, end users, and technical staff to develop, test, implement, and sustain critical IT infrastructure security architectures and networked systems.
- Work in a team-oriented environment that combines technical network engineering talent with business consulting expertise to deliver high quality IT solutions.
- The candidate must be familiar with network vulnerability scanners (e.g. Retina, ACAS, Nessus). The candidate must be familiar with patch management software (e.g. WSUS, SCCM, etc.).
- Associate’s Degree and 9 years experience; or Bachelor’s Degree and 7 years experience; or Master’s Degree and 5 years experience; or combination of 11 years which may include education/specialized training/certifications and/or experience.
- Windows and Unix system administration including troubleshooting, monitoring, and support.
- Windows event and performance monitoring, networking: TCP/IP, firewalls, routing, VLANs, general network troubleshooting, resource allocation and utilization for large databases, disk configuration, including the maintenance of hardware and software RAID 1-N, database design, data modeling and query execution, database replication, migration, backup and recovery, scripting languages
- One or more of: bash, Powershell, python, ruby, perl, DB performance tuning, capacity planning and bottleneck resolution, administration of Microsoft SQL Server, building and maintaining high-availability, clustered and scalable systems, advanced web technologies ASP.NET pipeline, load balancing, etc.
- Automated install, automated build and deployment, automated configuration management, enterprise monitoring systems, server virtualization, load balancing, web servers, and application servers, Microsoft server operating systems and middleware, server configuration and installation, performance and network monitoring tools, operating systems upgrades and migrations, strong troubleshooting skills with hardware and software, routing protocols BGP, EIGRP and OSPF, Layer 2 , and Cisco VSS, VSP.
- Minimum Secret clearance with the ability to obtain/maintain Top Secret clearance is required.
- MUST have a DOD Computing Environment, Security+ (or equivalent DOD Directive 8570.1 IAT II), A+/Network+ (or equivalent DOD Directive 8570.1 IAT I).
- MUST have a Minimum interim secret clearance and able to obtain/maintain Top Secret
- Location: Position supporting customer at Aberdeen Proving Grounds, Md
Technical and Management Resources
Why Work Here?Technical and Management Resources, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and does not discriminate with regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or Vietnam veteran status. This policy affirms TMR’s commitment to the principles of fair employment and the elimination of discriminatory practices. We encourage all employees to take advantage of opportunities for promotion as they occur.
We understand the importance of work-life balance!