Lead Quality Inspector position available in Monrovia, CA. 2nd shift -1:30 pm to 10 pm
Independently perform thorough inspections on production parts throughout the manufacturing process. Ensure integrity and quality of parts received from outside vendors as well as final products produced by company. Oversee swing shift inspection department.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Minimum of 7+ years of relevant inspection experience in a plastic and/or metallic machine shop environment is required.
- Experience with ISO9001/AS9100 quality standards and internal audit procedures preferred.
- Experience with Lean Manufacturing Principles is a plus.
- Confident in reading and understanding mechanical blueprints; cognizant with all the basic fundamental rules.
- Basic shop math skills including ability to perform geometric/trigonometric calculations as well as measurement conversion.
- Ability to use and understand the application and techniques of Geometric Dimensioning and Tolerancing (GD&T).
- Ability to use various types of inspection tools, such as micrometers, calipers, height gages, comparator, optical/probe Coordinate Measurement Machines (CMM/Keyence), etc.
- Proficient in MS Office (e.g., Word, Outlook, Excel) and Internet.
- Keen attention to detail with strong visual acuity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Basic computer knowledge and ability to use various types of manufacturing software programs such as PCDMIS, JobBoss, uniPoint, Docuware.
- Ability to interface with all levels of employees and management.
- Perform thorough inspections on all in-coming finished goods, including hardware and processed parts from vendors.
- Verify that all necessary documents are received and in compliance with all requirements of the with purchase order.
- Perform in-process inspection throughout the manufacturing process from first article to final inspection in a fast paced environment.
- Verify first articles.
- Audit production jobs.
- Initiate SPC when applicable.
- Initiate WIP inspection process.
- Ensure that all operations on job traveler have been accomplished and stamped-off.
- Perform dimensional and visual inspection of product in accordance with customer Purchase Order (PO), blueprint, drawing, checklist, part list, etc.
- Generate First Article Inspection Reports (FAIR, AS9102) and/or Dimensional Inspection Data Reports as applicable.
- Verify required part marking and unit packaging.
- Ensure that all required documentation accompany product shipment.
- Perform inspection tool calibration.
- Technical Support
- Assist manufacturing personnel in resolving any issues pertaining to drawing and/or specifications for products.
- Educate and train manufacturing personnel on more appropriate inspection methods and techniques whenever necessary.
- Perform receiving inspection when applicable, between first article inspection and WIP inspection.
- Perform other duties assigned by Inspection Supervisor and/ or day shift Lead inspector.
- Perform Inspection Supervisor responsibilities when required.
- Oversee swing shift inspection personnel and report any concerns to Inspection Supervisor or upper management.
- Perform other duties as required.
- While performing the essential functions of the job, the employee is regularly required to engage in the activities listed below. Reasonable accommodations will be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Walk and/or move about the workplace.
- Stand and/or sit for prolonged periods of time.
- Bend at waist and/or knees.
- Lift and/or move objects up to 10lbs and occasionally up to 25lbs from one location to another. Assistance is available for lifting objects over 25lbs.
- Move arms, wrists, hands, and/or fingers in repetitive motions including keyboarding.
- Feel and perceive the attributes of an object, such as its size, shape, color, distance, weight, and/or texture.
- Express, perceive, and exchange thoughts, questions, and instructions, through both written and oral communication in the English language.
- Pass eye examination every 12 months at a minimum in one eye, corrected with glasses or uncorrected: Near Vision 20/25 or better and Color Vision.