Technical Works Specialized Staffing Monrovia, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
- $25 to $30 Hourly
- Benefits: medical, vision, 401k, dental
CNC Programmer position available in Monrovia, CA. 91016
- Develops, edits, revises, and reviews drawing to create the CNC Mill and Lathe programs for the manufacturing equipment using CAD models and drawings.
- Documents manufacturing processes.
- Utilize Cam software to develop, edit, revise, and review drawings to create the CNC (CAM) programs for the manufacturing equipment to reflect customer specifications.
- Convert, program, and implement post-process steps for CNC machining equipment using provided CAD models and drawings.
- Write and optimize CNC programs to create complex parts on 3-5 axis machining centers and 2 axis lathes with live tooling.
- Analyze drawings, sketches, and design data of part to determine dimension and configuration of cuts, selection of cutting tools, and machine speeds and feed rates.
- Determine reference points and direction of machine cutting paths.
- Computes angular and linear dimensions, radii, and curvatures, and outlines sequence of operations required to machine part.
- Revise program to eliminate instruction errors or omissions.
- Observes operation of machine to evaluate programmed instructions when needed.
- Create set-up sheets and tool/cutter lists to guide correct set-up and operation of machines.
- Verify availability of special tools and/or cutters with Tool Crib department.
- Communicate regularly with production employees performing job set-ups in order to optimize programs to improve set-ups, run-time, and efficiency.
- Coordinate work with other departments such as Quality Assurance, Purchasing, Production Control, etc. to ensure a smooth and timely flow of quality products though the shop.
Skills, Knowledge, and Experience:
- Experience programming with MasterCam version X9 is strongly desired.
- Associate's (AA) degree or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or five plus years related experience and/or training programming in CNC systems using CAD/CAM software such as SurfCam; or equivalent combination of education and experience is required.
- Previous experience working in a manufacturing environment is a plus.
- Demonstrated proficiency with CAD (solid modeling) software such as SolidWorks is required.
- Familiarity with various types of machines including: Okuma, Haas, and Seiki.
- Proficient with MS Office (Outlook, Word, Excel) and Internet.
- Able to read and understand blueprints and technical documents.
- Strong shop math skills including the ability to perform measurement conversion and the understanding of geometric tolerancing.
- Organization and time-management skills.
- Self-starter with the ability to multi-task and prioritize daily work assignments.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of computer systems/software such as JobBoss or DocuWare is a plus.
Technical Works Specialized StaffingWhy Work Here?
Great company, and many opportunities for growth.
As a women/minority owned staffing company, we currently are certified with the following organizations: SBA 8(a), Southern California Minority Business Development Council, Metropolitan Water District of Southern California, Women Business Entity, Minority Business Entity, and as a Disadvantaged Business Entity.
330 W. Duarte Rd. MonroviaMonrovia, CA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Technical Works Specialized Staffing