We are looking for a top-notch Director of Operations to join our organization. We provide the following perks and benefits!
- Exceptional medical, dental, and prescription benefits
- 401(K) with company match
- Paid time off (including holidays)
- Annual performance reviews and salary increases
- Career Advancement
- Tuition reimbursement
- Gym Membership reimbursement
The Director of Operations will provide leadership, direction, and planning to ensure delivery of annual business goals for all maintenance contract facilities. Will execute all necessary functions required to maintain service and inventory in a profitable manner while maintaining strong customer relationships and assist in maintaining and building business.
· Participate in the financial planning of business unit(s) including the preparation and analysis of budgets, cash flow, operating results, and business plan to determine rates of return, capital, and cash flow requirements.
· Assist in the planning and coordination of the annual budget process; monitor progress and changes and keep executive leadership abreast of financial status. Facilitate the forecasting of revenues and costs during the annual budget process.
· Using key metrics, perform operational and financial analyzes within business unit(s) and present findings and recommendations to executive level management.
· Present regular reporting and analysis, including key metrics reports, and conduct ad hoc financial analysis as required by executive level management. Review monthly results with management team to ensure they account for and manage monthly variances.
· Implement an appropriate system of policies, processes, and internal controls to support the ongoing and future needs of the business.
· Manage and maintain influential relationships with corporate finance/accounting and their related functions (e.g., tax, reporting, expense management, planning, etc.). Act as the liaison between Operations and Accounting, Collections, Data Processing, GL and Credit for all activities, including readiness for year-end inventories, source information for accruals, payables and receivables, open and aging accounts, variances etc.
· Prepare and negotiate contract proposals for submittal and renewals for maintenance contracts. Oversee bid development for maintenance contracts ensuring accuracy of the customer’s documented equipment and contract structure.
· Execute strategic plans and provide daily guidance. Provide guidance and direction to internal team by establishing goals and objectives for improving operational and financial performance.
· Meet with customers to ensure contract is managed based on agreement. Proactively manage and measure all maintenance contracts’ effectiveness to ensure profitability.
· Manage required maintenance, repair work, and record-keeping in accordance with customer-defined requirements and OEM specifications. Meet or exceed budget goals in every area of operations; responsible for delivering expectations on all goals surrounding expenses and revenues to maintain established profit margin.
· Create processes, procedures and measurement for inspections, maintenance, equipment tracking, and labor utilization to ensure high levels of productivity and efficiency across all maintenance contract facilities.
· Manage labor and inventory to ensure on-time completion of all maintenance and service in a 24x7 environment.
· Ensure appropriate technical support and training is provided with overall direction, coordination and evaluation of direct reports.
· Provide accurate and timely information to internal & external customers regarding status of work orders. Manage documents/data with consistent communication regarding critical information such as customer requirements, technical, and contractual specification.
· Work with all Lanco divisions to ensure consistencies and efficiencies to participate in the growth of the Lanco bottom line.
· Maintain ongoing communication and adhere to all companywide policies and procedures to eliminate and/or reduce exposure to liability.
· Act as the safety champion and leader for your areas of responsibility; ensure compliance in all safety, health, and environmental regulations, policies and procedures for the goal of zero incidents and injuries.
· Manage and clearly understand bargaining unit contract language and work rules. Assist in the contract negotiations with the union business agent. Manage grievances as they arise with both HR, employees, shop steward and business agent. Maintain strong, positive relationship with business agent and union personnel to avoid any related arbitration and protect the company from litigation and strikes.
· Build and manage a team atmosphere in all areas of responsibilities, embrace and focus on the retention of personnel while continuing to increase employee morale.
· Manage all aspects of facility inventories; including meeting corporate established inventory goals which include maximum dollar value by facility, management of non-moving inventory, and inventory accuracy by facility.
· Manage all assets; this will include company vehicles, man lifts, forklift, and tooling.
· Actively work to hire, develop, maintain and build a cohesive team that exemplifies our values and operates to support Lanco’s mission statement.
· Conduct annual performance reviews of all employees. Reviews will include performance ratings based on each core function of the technicians, electrical, mechanical, and hydraulic. The results of this review process will be used to schedule training classes to help each employee reach their full potential.
· Ensures that all customer goals, safety policies, and procedures are being followed at all facilities.
· Special projects assigned by Vice President of Operations.
Required: 10-15 years management experience. Strong experience in intermodal industry preferred with an emphasis in intermodal equipment repairs and field service management.
· Strong managerial and leadership skills required.
· Knowledge and understanding of industrial equipment repairs, field service scheduling, inventory management, contract structure/management, and financial acumen.
· Strong knowledge of work place safety.
· Must have a good understand of Microsoft Office applications experience with one or more ERP systems (ideally Epicor E9).
· Travel up to 50%