Field Service Technician
- Posted: over a month ago
- $45,000 to $55,000 Yearly
- Benefits: dental, life insurance, medical, vision, 401k,
Who are we?
Technical Safety Services (TSS) is a leading laboratory service provider with locations across the United States. Our customers include leading life sciences and healthcare companies and renowned research institutions. We are rapidly growing and looking for additional passionate and talented employees to join our team and partner with TSS’ customers who are doing dramatic work focused on improving the human condition.
TSS ensures the equipment our customers use to keep their employees and products safe is in full working order. We are the leading provider in the country of testing and certification services for cleanrooms, fume hoods, biological safety cabinets, and other controlled environment equipment. Working at our customers' facilities, TSS employees are key enablers – helping ensure safety, accuracy, and compliance in some of the leading laboratories in the United States.
How will you make an impact?
Field Service Technicians are dispatched daily to provide a variety of on-site services including cleanroom, biological safety cabinet, fume hood, and pharmacy certification, calibration of laboratory instruments, and many additional services as their careers progress. Our technicians employ excellent client service and a thorough understanding of our portfolio of services to exceed expectations by performing contracted services at the highest level of quality and uncovering new needs when possible.
TSS offers a great career opportunity for those with customer service and problem-solving abilities. For our entry-level field technician roles, previous job-related experience is not required as you will be provided with rigorous classroom and on-the-job paid training and mentoring. Once trained, we offer continued career development in field services or in other key roles within our dynamic company.
If you enjoy working in an office for 8 hours a day, this role is not for you! If you would enjoy working independently in the field, visiting different customers each day, and being part of a dynamic, growing team, then come join us!
What will you do?
- Perform testing, certification, calibration, and repair services across a variety of laboratory spaces and equipment on client premises and/or in shop facilities.
- Interface directly with clients to understand, discuss and execute their needs.
- Maintain and improve client relationships and act as the client’s primary in-person interaction with the company.
- Complete all required documentation and administrative tasks related to assigned business.
- Other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent. 2-year or 4-year degree preferred.
- Requires some relevant customer service, mechanical, and/or electrical experience.
- A combination of education, training, and related experience may meet requirements.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Excellent customer service and relationship-building skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to continually learn new services.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision by employing effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Knowledge of basic math including geometry and algebra.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
How will you get rewarded?
TSS offers competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits:
- 401(k) plan with a company matching contribution
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter benefit plan (CBP)
- Educational assistance
- Paid holiday/vacation time
- Overtime as necessary
While performing the duties of this job, the employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move more than 100 pounds. The employee is regularly required to sit and talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; climb or balance; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and taste or smell. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
TSS is a passionate equal opportunity employer and celebrates diversity. Interested in a role but not sure it’s the right fit for you? Call us and let’s talk.
Check us out at www.techsafety.com!
Technical Safety Services
TSS is a leading Biotech service company. TSS specializes in the testing and certification of cleanrooms and biological safety cabinets as well as calibration of laboratory instrumentation. Our customers include biotech companies, hospitals, medical device companies as well as leading research institutions. Check us out at www.techsafety.com!
40 Burt DriveNassau County, NY
EngineeringView all jobs at Technical Safety Services