Field Service General Manager (East US Territory)
- Posted: over a month ago
How will you make an impact?
We are looking for a high potential leader ready to take on the challenge of running and growing a large business, which will also continue to grow with strategic acquisition activity. The East Territory General Manager reports directly to executive leadership and has full control of half of the United States’ TSS operations. You will have responsibility for fostering a high-performance culture, your business’ financial results including revenue growth and profitability, the satisfaction of your customers, loyalty of your employees, and the leadership and development of a best-in-class team of Region Managers. The Territory is made up of eight regions, each multi-million dollar businesses with teams of Service Technicians supporting a variety of customer environments and equipment.
The scope of this role includes the development of the strategic vision for your Territory as well as the ability to successfully execute upon the strategy in a systematic and consistent manner to achieve results. Our service business leaders must have strong organizational and operational leadership capabilities coupled with excellent communication and customer centricity.
Are you that unique individual who can think strategically while controlling a high velocity day to day operation? This is a rare opportunity to make a direct and impactful contribution to a rapidly growing company doing meaningful work by driving competitive differentiation via customer and employee satisfaction and organizational efficiency.
What will you do?
Drive and execute a business strategy for revenue growth
- Develop a holistic business strategy and communicate it throughout all levels of the organization to motivate the Territory towards a unified vision and direction.
- Partner with Sales leadership to identify and drive both short- and long-term opportunities for reoccurring revenue while also seeking new customers.
- Proactively manage costs and drives margin improvements with absolute clarity on cost levers at your disposal.
- Exceed customers’ expectations through the optimization of services and the provision of effective delivery processes.
- Proactively build relationships and lead account reviews with strategic customers.
- Drive the organization to best in class response times, removing barriers and quickly mobilizing resources to meet needs.
Talent & resource development
- Create data driven plans for long-term resource capacity requirements and to ensure the accountability of all employees to execute against performance requirements for their roles.
- Develop and mentor high potential employees to ensure the Territory has a best-in-class management team that deliver a best-in-class customer and employee experience.
Planning and driving continuous improvement
- Laser focus on the operating rhythm of your business and our key metrics.
- Holds managers accountable for their District’s performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
How will you get here?
Education and Experience
- Requires a bachelor’s degree in a relevant field of study, with an advanced degree preferred.
- Requires 5 years of relevant field service experience running a large organization including profit and loss (P&L) responsibility, with oversight over multiple regions preferred.
- Requires people management experience and a history of developing managers who then drive motivation and results for their departments.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Business leader with a proven track record of delivering financial results.
- Proven leader capable of thinking strategically and driving execution in a large organization.
- Capable of managing a large P&L and developing and executing multi-year business plans.
- Ability to drive operational efficiency, accountability, and rigor around key performance metrics.
- Excellent verbal and written communication and presentation skills, including the use of open and constructive feedback.
- Relationship builder – delighting customers and partnering with Sales and other internal cross-functional teams to drive growth.
- Ability to manage managers and motivate and engage employees.
*This position may be considered for hybrid-remote work.
Powered by JazzHR
Technical Safety Services
BusinessView all jobs at Technical Safety Services
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?