Field Service Engineer (On-Site)
- Expired: March 09, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Headquartered in Sunnyvale, CA and founded in 1986, AL-TAR is a nationwide lab instrument and equipment calibration, repair, maintenance, and validation service provider of all major OEM brands. AL-TAR is an ISO 17025 accredited calibration provider and an authorized lab equipment repair service representative for over 150 leading manufacturers, dealers, and distributors in the field of Life Sciences. Our customer base is a veritable “who’s-who” in the academic, research, and biopharma community. AL-TAR's capabilities are built around servicing laboratory cold storage, general lab and sample preparation equipment, histo/pathology, chromatography and clinical instrumentation. Our outstanding field service force is continually expanding, with over 60 techs nationally, and support personnel for our engineers in quality, admin/dispatch, training, and technical support.
AL-TAR ensures the equipment our customers use to keep their employees and products safe is in full working order. We are the leading provider in the country of calibration and maintenance for most common laboratory equipment. Working at our customers facilities, AL-TAR employees are key enablers – helping ensure safety, accuracy, and compliance in some of the leading laboratories in the United States.
How will you make an impact?
Field Service Engineers are dispatched daily to provide a variety of on-site services including calibration of laboratory instruments, maintenance and many additional services as their careers progress. Our field engineers employ excellent client service and a thorough understanding of our portfolio of services to exceed expectations by performing contracted services at the highest level of quality and uncovering new needs when possible. AL-TAR offers a great career opportunity for those with customer service and problem-solving abilities. For our entry level field technician roles, previous job-related experience is not required as you will be provided with rigorous classroom and on-the-job paid training and mentoring. Once trained, we offer continued career development in field services or in other key roles within our dynamic company.
The In-House Field Service Engineer is responsible for the maintenance, troubleshooting and repair of on-site service calls and the control of company assets (standards, tools, vehicle, etc.). The In-House Field Service Engineer is also responsible for understanding the importance of their position and performance as it pertains to the overall reputation, achievement of goals, overall stability of the company and for assuring the satisfaction of their customers in the assigned account. The In-House Field Service Engineer is responsible for adherence to customer-specific procedures as they relate to safety, security, and workflow processes. Each In-House Field Service Engineer will work within an assigned Regional Service Leader and Admin Support Coordinator.
If you enjoy routine tasks and a non-challenging environment, this isn’t for you. If you’d enjoy working independently, visiting different equipment users each day, and being part of a dynamic, growing team, then come join us!
What will you do?
- Perform testing, certification, calibration, and repair services across a variety of laboratory spaces and equipment on client premises and/or in shop facility.
- Interface directly with clients to understand, discuss and execute on their needs.
- Maintain and improve client relationships and acts as the client’s primary in-person interaction with the company.
- Complete all required documentation and administrative tasks related to assigned business.
- Other duties as assigned.
Education And Experience
- Requires a High School Diploma or equivalent. 2-year or 4-year degree preferred.
- Requires some relevant customer service, mechanical and/or electrical experience.
- A combination of education, training and related experience may meet requirements.
- Lab experience in any life science environment is a plus.
- Excellent customer service and relationship building skills.
- Strong troubleshooting and problem-solving skills with the ability to continually learn new services.
- Ability to work effectively with minimal supervision with effective time management and prioritization skills.
- Highly effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to multi-task to achieve high completion rate of assigned duties.
- Knowledge of basic math calculations.
- Valid driver’s license and good driving record.
- Experience with the Microsoft Office suite.
TSS offers competitive salaries and a wide range of benefits:
- 401(k) plan with a company matching contribution
- Medical, vision and dental insurance
- Long-term disability, short-term disability, and life insurance
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Commuter benefit plan (CBP)
- Paid holiday/vacation time
Powered by JazzHR
Technical Safety Services
EngineeringView all jobs at Technical Safety Services