Translator / Interpreter (Japanese/English)
- Expired: January 27, 2022. Applications are no longer accepted.
Who we are:
Our DNA is rooted in automotive design, engineering and testing. We're driven by our dedication to providing the best service there is and by the pride that comes with having earned the trust of the premier names in the industry. We trace our heritage back over 70 years, from the automotive engineering centers in Detroit to the hot weather proving grounds in the Southwest and on to the high tech sophistication of the latest advanced driver-assistance systems being developed by automotive and technology companies worldwide.
What we do:
Technical Professionals Group provides validation, durability, mileage accumulation and quality testing services for vehicle and mechanized equipment projects and programs in the engineering, R&D, quality control and quality assurance sectors of the automotive industry.
What we are looking for:
TPG is seeking a motivated, dependable and safe Translator / Interpreter to support a worldwide automotive company. Successful candidates will conduct both translating and interpreting.
Essential Job Duties
- Translate (Japanese/English) and proofread vehicle specifications books related to Research & Development
- Translate and proofread test procedure materials
- Translate and proofread presentation materials related to Research and Development
- Work with the Translation Group to develop or improve translation job system
- Support updating the Powertrain terminology of Research & Development
- Support various meetings with interpretation at Research & Development
- Other duties as requested
- 3-5 years experience in translation (Japanese/English)
- Excellent language skills of both Japanese and English
- Ability to operate translation software TRADOS
- Good Communication and interpersonal skills in order to create a good work relationship in team-work environment
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office skills including Word, Excel and Power Point
- Ability to plan and prioritize to meet deadlines
- Proven ability and exceptional professionalism and judgement in interfacing effectively with associates and contingents at all levels
Technical Professionals Group
GovernmentView all jobs at Technical Professionals Group